exercising- how to calculate

Options
I am doing daily about 40min of dips, abdominal crunches,push ups leg-up crunches, plank, lounges, then with weights- for triceps etc. plus I am doing it o gym.

When I am adding it to MFP it doesnt shows i burned any calories whatsoever.
Is hat true? Or the calories are so small- that it wont even count in?

I feel proper exhausted etc. Like i did Body Pump class the other day 60min- I worked really hard but I couldn't calculate that in as MFP doesn't sees as burned calories..I don't get it!

edited: Body Pump class- not body punch;)

Replies

• All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You can put calisthenics into the cardio portion of exercise and get calories reflected that way. I'm not sure what Body Punch class is, but either circuit training, or again just go with calisthenics as well.
  • GirlBossGoals
    GirlBossGoals Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can put calisthenics into the cardio portion of exercise and get calories reflected that way. I'm not sure what Body Punch class is, but either circuit training, or again just go with calisthenics as well.

Oh amazing just added and comes up as over 289 calories burned in the morning.
    Thank you so much!!
  • GirlBossGoals
    Options
    What about Yoga for beginners? I am sure I am burning while stretching?
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    What about Yoga for beginners? I am sure I am burning while stretching?

yeah right :huh: .. so lounging around with a low HR boosts your Energy output....... NEXT.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    you're burning calories doing anything... breathing .. lying their dreaming about chips...

however I would not be putting calories burned using weights .. or standing up.... or sitting down or stretching doing yoga

I would for cardio, but I would half whatever you or your HRM says you are burning. Net calories burned are often a lot less than people believe

The most common mistakes made here, are under estimating the amount of fuel you load into your body and the amount of fuel you burn.

CICO ...IIFYM TDEE

calories in >> calories out & If it fits your macros , Total daily energy expenditure

hope that helps a little

edit to add another abrev.
  • GirlBossGoals
    Options
    hahah, funny!

Ok i skip the Yoga calories then ;)
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    hahah, funny!

Where a HRM and see what the calorie burn is for future reference.
  • GirlBossGoals
    Options
    hahah, funny!

Where a HRM and see what the calorie burn is for future reference.

Whats HRM IS?:embarassed:
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitor ... useful for steady state cardio
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    HRM won't really work for yoga or your weight training but it would help during Body Pump - as while that involves weights, the tempo of the class technically makes it cardio. If you don't have the funds to spare, just try to find the most similar listing on MFP and plan on eating back at least half of the earned calories. Be cautious about eating them all back as many tend to be overestimates.

Yoga and weight training both have a fairly low calorie burn. You might feel like you're working hard but you're heart rate doesn't raise much and doesn't really stay up once it's there. There is a listing for strength training under cardio. If you only list it under strength training, it will not give you calories.