heeey there read me! :D

Options
HEY guys =] soo i'm pretty new here [started my official diet on december 1st] and so far i am loving it. this website helps me sooosososo much and i'm soo glad i found it.

anyway, i'm definitely looking to make some weight loss friends here! feel free to send me a friend request, we could help each other out. but i'm especially looking for girls with similar stats/goals to mine!

soo about me, i'm an 18 year old female from the US. just about 5'4". my starting weight was 167 i believe and i've lost 2-4 pounds already. my goal is 125, or whenever i feel that i look good, fit, and healthy.

i am doing this the RIGHT way. diet and exercise. no serious restricting/starving myself. i do not feel that that works. after all, this is a lifestyle change. however, i am looking to do a cleanse eventually/soon.. soo if any of you know any good clenses that work, please let me know!

thanks so much guys! and remember that we can do this :D<3

PS; i have a weight loss tumblr, which is how i found this website. my username there is also perfectionxforever so feel free to find me and chat there if you prefer! thanks!

Replies

• SafariLara
    Options
    Welcome!
    I'm 21 years old, 5'6 tall, starting weight 170, current weight 161. My goal weight is 120 lbs. Similar goals? :)
    Anyway this site is so wonderful and as long as you stick to it, you will lose some pounds.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    stick with it and you wont have any real trouble meeting your goals!

took me 6 months to lose 51lbs. i started at 205 and dropped to 154, my goal weight was 175 but that wasnt enough! now it doesnt matter to me what i weigh as long as i look the way i want to look. I do a lot of cardio but i also do strength training.
  • charyvonne
    Options
    Hi! I'm 18 as well and I started on December 1st :D I added you here and I'm also following your Tumblr, my username is charlove. :)
  • perfectionxforever
    Options
    ahh i messed up, let me quote you..
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    We have almost the same exact goals, height, and such =)

Great job!
  • perfectionxforever
    Options
    Welcome!
    I'm 21 years old, 5'6 tall, starting weight 170, current weight 161. My goal weight is 120 lbs. Similar goals? :)
    Anyway this site is so wonderful and as long as you stick to it, you will lose some pounds.

ah yes, you're a little taller than me [i'm in between 5'3" and 5'4" but round it up cause i'm closer to 5'4" anyways hah] but our goals are almost the same! congrats on the weight loss so far! that must make you feel amazing and even more motivated! .. how did you do it? if you don't mind me asking =]
  • perfectionxforever
    Options
    stick with it and you wont have any real trouble meeting your goals!

took me 6 months to lose 51lbs. i started at 205 and dropped to 154, my goal weight was 175 but that wasnt enough! now it doesnt matter to me what i weigh as long as i look the way i want to look. I do a lot of cardio but i also do strength training.

ah thank you, i hope so! i mean i know you're a guy, but i see people (girls) on tumblr that are losing weight but it's because they're either purging or doing diets with EXTREMELY low-cal days and fasts that can last for up to 15 days! it makes me think, "oh no, i hope i can do this the healthy way and still get results like they are =/"

but WOW congrats! ah you guys are motivating me so much =] 51 pounds in 6 months! goshhh i would LOVE that! lol did you change your diet as well as doing a lot of exercise?

see the thing with me guys, is that i weigh 165 but i really don't look it. i mean i do in some spots, and could obviously easily be skinnier, but i've been an athlete [cheerleader/dancer/gymnast] my whole life. so i have a lot of muscle. it's just hiding under some layers of fat right now. hah when i used to go to the gym last year i'd do weights as well as cardio, but i'm starting to think that that was a bad idea. shouldn't i just do extreme cardio now to lose the weight THEN do weights if i need it to tone up? [although, like i said, i do have a lot of muscle so i'm not sure if i'm gonna need to "tone", just lose weight]

thanks to anyone who can help me with that last question!
  • perfectionxforever
    Options
    Hi! I'm 18 as well and I started on December 1st :D I added you here and I'm also following your Tumblr, my username is charlove. :)

yayy :D! awesome, i'm gonna go follow you back when i get on tumblr after i finish this paper =[ haha it's such a distraction for me that i have to close it when i'm working or else i never get anything done. lol :X

but did you start on Dec. 1 to do that "december challenge" that's going around? .. that's originally why i started, but now since joining this site and discovering the amount of calories i need daily to function and stay healthy, looking at it i don't know if i could pull off those low calories/fasting [i don't even know if i'd WANT to do that.. lol] soo i'm still gonna do it, and weigh in and what not, but with my own rules. :P

sorry if you don't know what i'm talking about haha
  • perfectionxforever
    Options
    We have almost the same exact goals, height, and such =)

Great job!

omg yes we do! that's awesome =] and i see you've already lost a nice deal of weight, congratulations! when did you start?! and also, what have you done thus far to lose it? [exercise? eat less/healthier?] thank you so much! im so glad you found me haha <3
  • iampam654
    Options
    We're pretty close in our goals and stats, I'm 20, 5'6, highest weight was 169 and I started at 153 on here. I've lost about 2lbs since starting on here and my goal weight is 130
  • perfectionxforever
    Options
    We're pretty close in our goals and stats, I'm 20, 5'6, highest weight was 169 and I started at 153 on here. I've lost about 2lbs since starting on here and my goal weight is 130

awesome! i love finding people with close stats to me! nice meeting you :D
  • charyvonne
    Options
    yeah, tumblr is sooo distracting for me too, lol :( i'm trying not to go on as much now that finals are coming up and everything. :/
    and yup, i started for the december challenge. :D it's been kind of hard but i'm not going by the rules, like i don't want to starve myself, i just want to watch what i eat. :) i'm happy you're not doing it either! lol