New - return of the student lifestyle, extra lbs and all...

Options
Hey,
As it says up there ^^ I've recently returned to uni to study postgrad and have found tuition fees aren't the only things threatening to spiral out of control... I've never been FAT fat, but I've never been skinny and, more importantly, have not felt comfortable with my body since puberty.

Around this time last year I decided to do something about it and ended up losing about a stone over about 4-6months. But then over the summer the weight slowly began to creep back on and since going back to uni I've verged between eating and drinking far too much and cutting calories in panic-stricken reaction to the number on the scales. I just want to be able to feel good about myself again.

I've already posted elsewhere saying that my main problem is willpower around snacks... Hope that the myfitnesspal plan will help me curb this. Also looking forward to meeting some people on here - have never joined a community like this before!

Anyway, that's enough out of me for now - see you on the boards!
QueenP x

Replies

• ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I am a post grad returner as well. I have had some of the same problems. I find it best if I grocery shop on one day a week for snacks of fruits and vegetables. I come home and cut up and portion out all of my snacks into baggies. If I think too long about it, I will chose bad foods over good ones, but if they are made up and I know they wont last long, I use them up!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm in grad school and have had this problem with school interfering with healthy habits since undergraduate days...MFP has really helped me to make my lifestyle healthy and has helped me lose weight. Good luck to you!
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm a student as well and I just lost it as well.....I'm looking for motivation.
  • reneedrey
    Options
    Hi everyone. Im new to this forum and have the post grad syndrom as well. I use to go to gym about five times a week as a great de-stresser but for almost a year now have stopped going. Ive just started back and hoping to find that motivation again as i know it makes me feel so much better. With summer here its hard to be indoors working out though. If anyone is in sydney area and wants to get together to workout and motivate each other let me know! Shopping for fruit and veggies and cutting them up is a great idea bc i do the same if i think on it too long and will grab the easier less healthy choice. Good luck to everyone!