eating low

is eating 800 calaories a day healthy for losing weight although am going to gym daily and doing work out

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,237 MFP Moderator
    Only if you're very, very short. Most average sized women need at least 1200 calories a day. If you're going to the gym as well, you need even more than that.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    No.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,237 MFP Moderator
    Just checked your profile - as a man, you need even more calories.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    is eating 800 calaories a day healthy for losing weight although am going to gym daily and doing work out

no
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Eating that low will affect your metabolism and health. You will not be able to meet your body's required level of nutrients on 800 calories a day.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    as someone might have said before me.... NO!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    No. You can do anything very short term with probably no major problems. Eating that low over time will jeopardize your health. It's very hard to get proper nutrition in that few calories.

Read this link and make a plan that will be sustainable and help you lose safely:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Hi there,

I'm sorry to post on your post but I can't seem to start my own topic for some reason?

I have a question...

Do you think it's possible to lose 15 kgs in 4 months?

Let me know your thoughts :)
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    No. 800 calories is not enough for any adult. If you are 18, and male, you need much more - you are still growing, your brain is still growing. Feed your body and brain nutritious food, get some exercise. Put in your proper measurements and MFP will calculate for you.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Hi to make your own post, go to the forum http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums select on of the topics you think will fit your query, click on that topic (right hand side of the column) and then when that opens up there is a green "New topic" button :-)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    NOPENOPENOPE

Not healthy.