Fat Smash Diet: 90 Day Program

Options
I was searching the site and haven't found a whole lot of information, I'm reading the book and it seems to be a pretty solid program. Has anyone had any success with it?

Replies

• reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthcastle.com/review_fat_smash_diet.shtml

I just read about it on-line, seems that 9 day detox would not be easy for most to do!. Fruits & Veggies only.

But other than that seems like a basic diet. Build a healthier way of eating. Paying attention to quantity and moderation. Includes ways to include desserts, breads and pastas. And atleast 30 min of exercise 5x a day.

It says diet is designed to: His 90-day, four-phase program is designed to change your approach to eating and exercising by making lifestyle changes.

I"m sure anyone who follows it will have success!

:-)
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have done Phase 1 several times. It's very reasonable to lose 9 pounds in those 9 days because you're limited in what you can eat. It's very strict because you can only fruit, vegetables and brown rice for the most part. The first 2 or 3 days are kind of rough (I thought I would eat my arm off :laugh: ) After those few days, though, it got a little easier.
    After the first phase, you gradually start introducing other foods (specifically meat) back into your diet. It does this with every phase until you reach the final phase in which time you would have learned all the tools to continue on with the new lifestyle.
    I have personally dones Phase 1 several times successfully. I just didn't have the discipline or drive (at the time) to stick with it.
    The last time I did try, I lost 11 pounds in those 9 days.
    Good luck!
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I did the FSD a couple of years ago. The detox period wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I have NEVER tried to go without eating meat for any length of time, but I didn't really miss it. I lost 13lbs during the phase 1 detox. I continued on to the other phases but later grew tired of it. It was just too restrictive and I wanted (on the advice of a nutritionist) to eat more of a variety of things so that I would be more likely to stick with it. Well guess what? I didn't stick with it anyway. LOL! When I got back on the wagon in October, I was gonna try it again, but just couldn't bring myself to restrict my meals that way. Using MFP is working well for me, so I'll reserve the FSD for when I'm stuck on a plateau.
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine followed this plan and lost almost 25 pounds over the course of a year without any exercise. When he's had a bad food weekend he goes back to the detox phase and loses the weight pretty quickly.
  • MsCyone
    MsCyone Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I'll be starting phase I today, it seems a good way to jumpstart my loss again and I really need a detox and this seems the most natural. If I can lose anywhere close to 10 lbs.for detox I would be ecstatic.
  • MsCyone
    Options
    I did the FSD a couple of years ago. The detox period wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I have NEVER tried to go without eating meat for any length of time, but I didn't really miss it. I lost 13lbs during the phase 1 detox. I continued on to the other phases but later grew tired of it. It was just too restrictive and I wanted (on the advice of a nutritionist) to eat more of a variety of things so that I would be more likely to stick with it. Well guess what? I didn't stick with it anyway. LOL! When I got back on the wagon in October, I was gonna try it again, but just couldn't bring myself to restrict my meals that way. Using MFP is working well for me, so I'll reserve the FSD for when I'm stuck on a plateau.

Wow 13 lbs, thats excellent! Thats my goal for the entire month lol if I could get that in 9 days, I'm kissing Dr. Ian!
  • MsCyone
    Options
    I have done Phase 1 several times. It's very reasonable to lose 9 pounds in those 9 days because you're limited in what you can eat. It's very strict because you can only fruit, vegetables and brown rice for the most part. The first 2 or 3 days are kind of rough (I thought I would eat my arm off :laugh: ) After those few days, though, it got a little easier.
    After the first phase, you gradually start introducing other foods (specifically meat) back into your diet. It does this with every phase until you reach the final phase in which time you would have learned all the tools to continue on with the new lifestyle.
    I have personally dones Phase 1 several times successfully. I just didn't have the discipline or drive (at the time) to stick with it.
    The last time I did try, I lost 11 pounds in those 9 days.
    Good luck!

From what I've read and you guys are saying I think it may be very possible to set my goal at 10 lbs.and actually reach it!