Do I look skinny?

Options

Replies

• TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You look great. Damn great.

There are no workouts to add weight anyways so don't worry about it. You'd still need to eat extra calories. No need to do that if you don't want to.

You look prime to start lifting weights. It's the best type of workout. No you won't get bulky.

Stay healthy...
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hot
  • bnmoyler
    bnmoyler Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't think you look too skinny. How much do you currently weigh and how tall are you? I don't think there's anyway to target weight gain. I think your body will have to determine that on it's own. I'm trying to lose weight in my hips lol. The weight is only coming off in surrounding areas and the hips aren't budging.
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I think you could actually stand to drop a few if that makes you feel any better.

I am clinically underweight. why would you say that?

My BMI is only 18.

You just look a little skinny fat. That's all.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    You have a lovely figure. It reminds me of the old school movie star look.

I think you should put all your energy into going out into the world and having fun, and distracting yourself from body image.

I've been so much happier since I don't read womens magazines and watch telly any more.

Do a bit of weight training, coz it actually makes your mind stronger so that when you get idiots on your thread saying stupid things, (no names mentioned) it will just bounce off you! You will also be doing your body a great service whether you're eating under or over your needs.
  • Owlibee
    Owlibee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think you could actually stand to drop a few if that makes you feel any better.

My BMI is only 18.

skinny fat? what does that mean?
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think you look good! You look healthy imho. If you are looking to gain some confidence in yourself and your body, maybe focus more on strength or fitness related goals (or if you really want to gain, gain some muscle perhaps)?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

skinnyfat refers to someone who is slim and 'normal or 'underweight' by BMI standards but with a high percentage of bodyfat.
  • Saiyanbrahh
    Options
    Here for muscular chicks. Srsissrs
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Believe me, there are 100s of people on here who would LOVE to look how you look in that bikini!
    True! :smile:

1000's I would think!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

My BMI is only 18.

OP don't take this comment on board.

Come on guys, please read the whole thread to get a better idea of what's going on before making throwaway comments that could be taken to heart.
  • srd_23
    srd_23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think you look healthy. Slim, but not too skinny. You look great in a bikini. If you want to gain muscle for your own satisfaction, nothing wrong with that. But I think you look great.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. Not "too skinny". But your BMI is still underweight? Is your doctor concerned? Does he/she think you should continue to gain?

Either way, I'd recommend weight lifting. It's great for both your physical and mental health. It can be very empowering and help you focus on something besides just your physical appearance.
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    you are thin.dont lose more weight
  • Chibukalu908
    Options

No.

Just no.

No way.If you go lower you will look sick
  • MyRummyHens
    MyRummyHens Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Do you look skinny? Nope, definitely not! You look absolutely perfect to me.

BMI is a guide, not the be all and end all, I would go by your doctor as to whether or not you *need* to gain any more weight, but in terms of how you appear externally you look great and certainly shouldn't be worried about wearing your bikini in public. The only people likely to be taking a second look at you are going to be taking that look thinking you look great, and not taking that look thinking you look abnormal in any way!

I am naturally very tiny, my BMI is 18.1, no history of ED but I have found lifting weights has really given me a mental as well as physical strength, you can target any muscles you would like to build on and it stops me from focusing on the scales.
  • Owlibee
    Options
    Here for muscular chicks. Srsissrs

English please?
  • Owlibee
    Options
    you are thin.dont lose more weight

Thank you , not aiming to lose. aim to gain
  • Owlibee
    Options
    I think you look great. Not "too skinny". But your BMI is still underweight? Is your doctor concerned? Does he/she think you should continue to gain?

Either way, I'd recommend weight lifting. It's great for both your physical and mental health. It can be very empowering and help you focus on something besides just your physical appearance.

I need to gain a stone by the advice of my doctor
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'll echo what everyone else says - you look fine -not skinny , not fat. you can't add fat just in your hips, but you can add muscle and get a better shape and more definition. Start squatting - deep - When you squat deep you will use your posterior chain to get out of the hole - that's you hamstrings and butt - you'll use you quads more in the top . do that for a while and you get real sexy legs