Pushing through with PMS...

Options
2»

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like I did suck it up and go the gym…

I burned 750 calories today!? now I'm so tired I can't move. Rollacoaster of a day.

Thanks for all the help guys, didn't expect so many!!!

You made PMS your b**ch.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Typically my 2nd day s my worst so I get up pop some ibu and get in a workout before it gets really bad. I will not let it control whether or not I get a workout in. Depending on how I feel I may do a lighter wo or I may kick *kitten* and nice big one in. A year ago I would have made excuses but not now.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I was legitimately homicidal this past weekend. My poor boyfriend. :explode:

390893_418806678185410_633058576_n.jpg

ps: Hooray for menopause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Hey girls,

Anyone got any tips to avoid staying in bed due to dips in mood caused by pms?
    I already had a day off yesterday because I was in the foulest mood.
    Help!

When I feel that way I get out of bed and go for a long walk immediately, before I am awake enough to realize I don't want to do anything.
  • weightliftingaddict
    Options
    "Side note, share some tips on how not to be a "B" to your husband or boyfriend due to dips in mood caused by pms. It's a far more pressing issue.
    [/quote]"

Not sure if it's related but ever since I cleaned up my diet, my moods before that time of month are so much better. I now only have one day of feeling out of it to deal with, as opposed to a solid week of crazy. If I absolutely need to, I take a 30 min power nap. But my new fav thing is doing a kettlebell workout ...so fun to do and a great way to get in a quick mood lifting burn. (And for the poster who mentioned the significant other, let's just say gettin in a quick burn with him sure helps whatever might be ailing me. lol. You may not initially feel like it ladies, but it works like a charm.)
  • micheledavison39
    micheledavison39 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I find that if I take at least 3000 iu of Vitamin D a day, that the mood swings aren't quite as bad and it's a bit easier to get out of bed. When I forget to take it though, hold onto your hat, cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

I had the same issue even when I was on the pill; that the cramps, nausea, hungry horrors and mood swings were so bad that I almost got fired for losing it on someone at work and I was routinely taking 1 day off a month because there was NO way I was going to be able to function at work. I recently switched to a Chinese medicine blend from my acupuncturist and the vitamin D and this last cycle was a breeze! No cramps, no mood swings, no nausea, just the hungry horrors (I can handle those, just work out extra so I can have the chocolate!)