30 day Shred questions (pt 2)

Options
Okay, so I got my 30DS in the mail. It is INTENSE! More intense than an hour spent at the gym!

Anyways, I know that its good to take a day off once a week, but am I supposed to take a day of rest with this program?

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I think you should. I used it as a supplement to my other workouts because it is a great upper body strength builder. Listen to your body. I workout Monday thru Friday and rest on the weekend. I'm thinking of switching to working out every other day because of ankle problems that have been plaguing me.
  • SharonDelorey
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I did the 30 Day Shred all last month (it took me 31 days because i lost power one night and couldn't do it). I did it straight everyday, which is what you are suppose to do. It's less then 30 minutes a day so I find it's not too hard to do everyday. If it was more like 1 hour, then you'd want to take breaks. I guess, see what works for you, but I think for the best results, no rest days are better. I lost 4lbs, and 1/2inch off my upper arms, 2inches off my chest (back fat, yea!), 1inch off my waist, 2inches off my hips and 1/2inch off my thighs.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I would not take a day off.....I just finished the program (and plan on doing it for the month of January, too) and did not take any days off. By the middle of the month, my strength had increased so much that I was doing 2 levels/day! (Somedays I went so far as to do three levels....but who has that kind of time everyday!?!?)

It's only 30 minutes/day....so as far as needing a day off, I don't think it will come to that. My knees are a bit sore from all of the lunges, etc., but I do have bad knees anyway.

The program will be as intense as you make it. I used 8 lb. hand weights, instead of the 3 lb. that Jillian recommends. I definitely saw a huge increase in my upper body strength and in my muscle tone. I lost about 5 lbs. (gained a few back toward the end due to Thanksgiving overeating), but lost about 4 inches (combined) in my waist, hips and thighs!
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    thanks Sharon- I think I'll try that. Am looking forward to the results!!
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If it's the only thing you're doing then I suggest doing it for 30 days. If its a supplement to your other workouts then every other day. I do intense cardio every other day and 30 day shred on the other days.