Lunch!!!!

Options
I'm a teacher in an elementary school so I always take my lunch because we cannot (of course) leave school to go out. :o) I'm getting tired of taking the same things over and over. Does anyone have any fresh, easy things I could make in advance to take for lunch? Something that could be made the night before that I could eat cold or possibly heat up? I'm trying to stay away from packaged meals but I need something quick. Thanks in advance!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Whenever I make soups or casseroles I make extra and portion them off into individual freezer containers. Then just throw one in the fridge the night before and its good to go. You could also do lots of different kinds of salads, sandwiches. I also cook up meat and portion it off into 2-4 oz bags and freeze it. When you want to have some just take it out of the freezer the night before and bring some veggies to go along. I even make up whole wheat pancakes, waffles and french toast for my kids. I have huge ziploc bags in the freezer so mornings they want them I grab one and throw in the micro or toaster. So much better than the frozen stuff at the grocery store.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    soups are always a good idea, marinara sauce over whole wheat noodles or spaghetti squash, you can make some vegetarian lasagna for dinner and take the leftovers or also lowfat chili , I also like wrap sandwiches I use hummus, tomatoe, basil, onion and peppercinis , sometimes I use turkey and cream cheese instead of hummus, it is a little different then just a sandwich which can get old, I hope this helps.......
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I love wraps. Usually I do a 50 cal La Tortilla Factory High Fiber/Low Carb tortilla (or two) with hummus, bean and corn salad, a couple of turkey slices (I buy the Dietz lite gourmet at Costco that is 50 cals for three slices) and some romaine lettuce. I also love fat free cottage cheese with some fresh fruit (whatever the season is) - or a Lundberg brown rice cake with peanut butter and an apple..