I hit my first goal!

Options
bstoudt369
bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
I am no longer obese! My BMI is now 29.9, making me only overweight. Here is my story:

I hadn't been able to wear my wedding ring in months because my finger was too fat, but that wasn't enough incentive. When the scale flirted with 230 that was finally my wake up call. I started watching what I ate and walking when I got home from work and I lost 5 pounds. Then I went to the Dr. the end of July and my blood pressure was elevated, my blood sugar was high and my cholesterol was high. That's when I decided I needed to keep track of my calories. I searched phone apps to find one that I could log on my phone and on a computer. The first one I tried didn't sync half the time and I would end up double logging or missing meals. Needless to say I got disgusted with it and quit logging. In November, I asked a coworker who I knew logged their food for a recommendation and they suggested MFP. I got much better with logging and lost another 9 pounds before the holidays hit. I didn't splurge too much over the holidays but I still gained a couple of pounds, so in January I started to get serious about logging and have now logged for 223 days straight. I got an elliptical for Christmas and started using it every day. The first day I barely made it for 5 minutes and I thought I was going to die! After recovering, I slowed down and was able to go 20 minutes, then 30 minutes and 45 minutes. I really started seeing the scale move and my clothes getting looser. In May, I cut back on the cardio and started doing resistance training a couple of days a week. The scale has slowed down since then, but I am still shrinking. I signed up for my first 5k in a few weeks that I am planning to walk because my knees don't like to run. I bought a LBD two sizes smaller than my current size that I want to wear to my company Holiday party in December. I want to lose about 30 more pounds and then re-evaluate my goal.

My Stats:
SW 229 - 6/2013
MFP SW 213 - 11/2013
CW 174.5
GW 145
Height 5'4"

Replies

• ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job on hitting your first goal! Keep up the fantastic streak you have going! Happy 223 Days!!!!
  • bstoudt369
    bstoudt369 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :smile:
  • sashafischang
    sashafischang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up your hard work. With consistency, you'll hit your next goal!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've put in a lot of hard work and now you're seeing the results, well done, you should be very proud of yourself.
  • Livingfreetoday
    Livingfreetoday Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the boost. I need it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!