A proposal! Anyone in the UK want to be diet buddies?

Options
Hey there!

I don't actually use MFP anymore, I'm following Beck's Diet Solution as I struggle with occasional binge eating and want to get in to the right 'mindset' before pursuing any kind of diet.

I've gotten to a chapter in the book that proposes I find a diet buddy. The problem is, I know absolutely no one in my life that I'd feel comfortable asking; I'm actually more comfortable asking a stranger! Of course I have friends, family (and my fiancé!) but honestly, I'd feel pretty silly asking any one of them to be a diet buddy; I doubt they'd take it seriously as I'm not exactly overweight.*

So is there anyone out there that would consider it? By diet buddy, I mean someone whom I could text, e-mail, Skype etc. to talk about my weight loss and any struggles I encounter. In return, I would happily provide the same level of support straight back! Ideally, I'm looking for someone in the UK (so that we could exchange texts without creating a huge phone bill!)

If you want to know a little about me before you consider - I'm a girl - 24, recently engaged and live in the UK (Midlands area).

*I'm 5' 6" - 137 lbs. But I don't believe in BMI completely - I am small-boned and carry a good layer of fat around my stomach and legs - my goal weight is somewhere within the region of 120 lbs.

Replies

• Vetinari369
    Options
    Hey :) I'd be happy to be your diet buddy. I live in the uk and I am currently in need of a diet buddy as well, to stop me falling off the junk food wagon (jumping off really).
  • mjst_2014
    mjst_2014 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Junko,

Welcome, I know the feeling about asking family sometimes. they do come around but I find a lot slower as they wanna know how you get on first and whether you will quit in the first week.

Feel free to add for support.
  • mjst_2014
    mjst_2014 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am in the Midlands too.