Long Time Loser, First time MFP user

Options
Hi,

So in June 2011 I decided I needed to change my life. I was in a horribly unhealthy (not abusive, just unhealthy) relationship with a nice guy. We just weren't right for each other. I started working out and eating better. The smaller I get, the more we fought. The biggest fight was over the Half Marathon in Virginia Beach. My Goal was to finish on my own two feet. I did it. But I finally ended that at the start of 2012. I had lost 35 pounds using Spark People.

I maintained that until I started Grad School in 2013. I ended up gaining 30 of them back because I stopped working out and then my eating started to crumble. My current job has me sitting all the time so once I no longer had the excuse of grad school- I graduated with a High GPA (SCORE!), I started trying to get back on track.

I rejoined SparkPeople and found that I was no longer finding them helpful. I couldn't get behind the "losing for the wedding" "Fit and Young" "losing for a healthy baby" type groups that the site has in spades. I tried Loseit but found that the groups cold and boring. A friend said try Myfitnesspal, it sinks with my fitbit and runkeeper. And the people are pretty cool.

I know I can lose weight. I know I have to track. I know I have to move. I've been working on Couch 2 5 K for the past few weeks with a 5K scheduled for Sept 20 and another half Marathon in January.

Start weight: 246.
Plan: C25K and A class at the gym
Food: No more crap.
Goal: 170.
Short term goal: For that damn bridesmaids dress not to be tight.

Replies

• Tcoop74
    Tcoop74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Luck girl!!! We have about the same to loose....lets keep each other motivated on our journey. We can do this!!!:happy:
  • annpatalexa
    annpatalexa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good Luck girl!!! We have about the same to loose....lets keep each other motivated on our journey. We can do this!!!:happy:

Great! I look forward to seeing our success!