How do you heat zucchini pasta?

Options
Does it make a difference if you bake, fry, boil, or microwave the noodles after you cut them? I am looking for the option that makes the texture most like normal spaghetti noodles.

Most of the recipes that I have found have said to bake (too much effort) or just eat them raw. How do you like them?

Replies

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for a while and this is now my method for firm not watery noodles:

Make Noodles and Toss in Salt
    Set in Strainer Over Sink for 30 Minutes for Fast Sweating
    or
    Set in strainer over bowl in fridge for an hour or even over night-will last up to 2 days like that (I will cover loosely with foil)
    Press noodles one last time to get more water out
    Heat dry pan over medium high- put noodles in for two minutes-toss occasionally
    Turn heat down to medium low, add olive oil and seasoning, continue to cook for 8-10 minutes
    Add sauce, meat, or just diced tomatoes and meat
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i've just been tossing them straight into the pan after cutting, in the last few minutes of cooking just to get them up to temperature. i think i'm going to have to try ThinLizzie080's method though.
  • goshnames
    goshnames Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I was mostly concerned about them being watery, so the salt and drain method would probably be great! So much prep time though! I'm the type of cook who would throw them in the microwave and dry them off with a paper towel, lol.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do the same as thinlizzie, though even with the strainer over the sink I will gather them in a paper towel and give them a squeeze before tossing them in a pan
  • oOoBLUEoOo
    Options
    My favorite way is to saute the noodles in a bit of olive oil. Great flavor and texture. The longer you cook the softer the noodles. I just do mine for a minute so they are kinda al dente. Yum
  • goshnames
    Options
    I made them for dinner tonight and tried the lazy microwave method...and they were still so delicious! Zucchini pasta is the best idea ever.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    oven -baking sheet 375 degrees - 10 minutes or skillet with a little bit of PAM
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What is the microwave method? And before I'm trolled...I mean how long/power%?
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I sauté them in a skillet with sea salt and olive oil
  • goshnames
    Options
    What is the microwave method? And before I'm trolled...I mean how long/power%?

I'm not sure what the power percentage is on my microwave, but I know it doesn't heat things up very quickly. I put them in for two minutes and then just sopped the water up with some paper towels. It was still a little crunchy, but not bad at all! :)