Do you have an aquarium?

Options
ShibaEars
ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
I had a few fish tanks several years ago, after moving only one was set up (about 40 gallons, I think it was). I ended up having some problems with water quality, lost a bunch of fish and decided to pack it in after the last one went.

This past weekend I bought a 2.5 gallon tank & a betta and am already feeling the familar urge to go bigger! :laugh: It sure is addicting.

What size tank do you have? Fresh or salt water, and what kind of fish? Pictures are welcome too, if you've got 'em!

Replies

• whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Have 3 aquariums and a betta bowl. trying to downsize and get rid of a 280 gallon, 125 gallon and 65 gallon.. all with coffin lids and stands... I've had fresh, salt, brackish water fish for 28 years and used to breed cichlids (had (30) 45 gallon tanks then...

As far as upkeep, I really like the Eheim canister filters that go under the tank.. upkeep was nothing....
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    My twins have a 10-gallon tank. The free goldfish they kept winning at various carnivals are all currently in fishy heaven, and have been joined by the hermit crabs that occupied the tank later. Thankfully, it is dry and unoccupied at the moment!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    We have 3-60 gal frag tanks, 2-125 gal, a 150 cube, a 90 tall, a 75, a 60 and a biocube. All salt and all coral growth compatible. I am not accounting for the sumps in these numbers.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Could it be the Dawning of the Age of Aquariums?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I have a betta bowl, a 1.5 gallon aquarium with a betta, a 10 gallon with a colony of Endler's livebearers, and a 12 gallon with a gourami, kuhli loach, black neon tetras, and Vietnamese sparkle eye white clouds. I also have olive nerites in all but the betta bowl and two larger nerites in the 12 gallon who keep leaving the tank. I have found them in the middle of the living room carpet (I think my cats had a little to do with that) and even in the kitchen sink.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have a betta too! In a 10-gallon planted aquarium. Planning to get some ghost shrimp at some point and perhaps one nerite snail.
  • lucky_duck18
    Options
    15 gallon tank with 6 fancy goldfish in it :) freshwater
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who ends up with multiple tanks :smile:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who ends up with multiple tanks :smile:

Yes, it is a disease called MTS*