Quickly! Which phone?

randyv99
randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Heading to mall right now. I have iPhone 3G and Apple has slowly but surely 'updating' me into a new phone. So I have AT&T which phone should I get? Samsung Captivate? Samsung Focus? something else? Tell me what and why in quick pro and mostly con. Thanks!

Replies

• I don't know anything about AT&T phones other than I hated their service when I had it for about 2 months, a few years ago.

I'm with Verizon and have a Droid. I love it. If AT&T has anything with an Android OS, I'd go with it.
  • iPhone 4
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    I also vote for the iPhone 4!
  • Oh, and why? I love the apps that are available. There may not be as many as with iPhone, yet, but we're gaining ground. Plus, the MFP app for Android now has the ability to scan barcodes for nutritional info... before the iPhone or any other version.
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    iPhone 4
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    I don't know anything about AT&T or iphones other then my sister has crappy coverage with hers. I'm with Verizon and have an HTC Droid Incredible. It's awesome! So, I can say something with android OS and an HTC if AT&T has that brand. It's the best phone I've ever had.
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    iphone 4
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    iphone 4! They are awesome!
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Samsung Captivate. That's the Galaxy S one right?
    I'm about to get the Epic (sprint version of the Galaxy S) and I've heard it's amazing.
    My boyfriend has an iPhone & he's always o jealous of the stuff I can do with my phone.
    :) Go with whichever Samsung phone is the Galaxy S because it runs better and it's a lot faster.
    & if you play Angry Birds, the new update messed it up for lower end phones :)
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 302 Member
    I phone 4 seems to have a bunch of issues with using the GPS and different things on it. I see ppl complaining about the i phone 4 all the time on another forum I am on. I would say go with the DROID Incredible or a DROID phone. they are so much better and not the APPLE updates and issues that others tend to have.
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    I just got the Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S phone and I love it!!!
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    blackberry torch
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Thanks folks for the responses! Yeah, I'm definitely not going to be getting the iPhone 4. After having had my iPhone 3G for a couple of years, I need to switch it up a little. I was torn between the captivate and the focus because they bot have things I like and both have things I don't. It seems as if no one has purchased a focus or any other Windows Phone 7 so it's hard to judge based on that. I definitely liked the responsiveness of the Focus more and they were pretty much equivalent in other dimensions for me. Android's marketplace is far superior to WP7 but you know things develop over time if they are given the chance. After playing with both of the phones I still haven't been able to make a decision. MIght have to take both for a 30 day test drive.

Either way, none of this matters since I forgot my wallet at home and can't do anything without a license apparently.
This discussion has been closed.