Zumba workout for the Wii - Great Workout

seele52
seele52 Posts: 8 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Just got the Zumba workout for the Wii and have to say I had a lot of fun. It beats everyday on the treadmill and adds a little variety. I didn't bother with the tutorial. I just went straight to the dancing and kept up best I could. Have to say I didn't do to bad. Really worked up a sweat. Did two 20 minutes session for 40 total minutes and feel great. If you are looking for a Wii game try it. Getting my kids Just Dance 2 for x-mas. Heard that is fun as well.:smile:

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Thanks for the insight!! I totally want ot get this one!! And yes, Just Dance 1 and 2 are great.. but the 2nd is so much more fun (and challenging)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    I just got it too - WHEW - what a workout. I take a weekly class and do the DVD's so I chose the Advanced 60 minute class the first time. I made it through but it was mostly yellow (just OK - not perfect). Today I did the Intermediate for 45 minutes and it kicked my butt - but I was mostly green (perfect). I was dripping wet. So much better than the DVD's folks. I would say a comparable burn to the class!

I have Just dance 1 and 2 - 2 is more fun - but neither is the level of Zumba for Wii!
  • seele52
    Thanks for the response 4lafz. I have never even done Zumba so this was all new to me. I got quite a bit perfect (green) for never doing any of it. I figure any movement is better than nothing, if I got lost I just got back in there. I liked the privacy of my house and I could just try it. I have never done a class so I am glad to know it in comparable.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Sweet! I asked for it for Christmas. I can't wait to start it. My boys are getting the MJ Wii game and I'm looking forward to dancing to that too for variety in my exercise routine......
  • seele52
    You will have have to post how the MJ Wii game is after xmas. I think that would be a lot of fun also and have been wondering about that one. Can't beat that great music. I was going to wait and have my kids get it for me for xmas but I just started this week and wanted to keep motiviated.
  • I'm glad you like Zumba. I've been doing the discs at home & I love the workout! Hope you continue to enjoy it more & more each time you use it! :)
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Ohhh cool I want to get that too. I've been enjoying my Zumba dvd's. Thanks for the review.

BTW Is there anyway to get her pants the same length? I'm not OCD but it bugs me hahhaha. ohhh and the way he says 'Rock Star' cracks me up too.

Ven
This discussion has been closed.