lululemon is to expensive have you found alternative?

Options

Replies

• vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Under Armor clearance rack and Champions from Target
  • KCMission
    KCMission Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but when im drenched in sweat and pushing myself on the treadmill I really could care less on how my cloths look. By what ive seen at the gym most others feel the same way (and I belong to a nicer gym). I use polyester moisture wicking material I like Nike or Underarmour but have a few no name brands that perform as well, which is to get the sweat off me and not get heavy like cotton does.

^^ THIS!! I really don't care what my clothing looks like, as long as it's drenched in sweat!! And why pay that kinda money for that???
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I hate to say this but when im drenched in sweat and pushing myself on the treadmill I really could care less on how my cloths look. By what ive seen at the gym most others feel the same way (and I belong to a nicer gym). I use polyester moisture wicking material I like Nike or Underarmour but have a few no name brands that perform as well, which is to get the sweat off me and not get heavy like cotton does.

^^ THIS!! I really don't care what my clothing looks like, as long as it's drenched in sweat!! And why pay that kinda money for that???

I don't think I'd ever pay lululemon prices. I definitely bargain shop. But I do prefer my gym clothes to look nice. I don't feel ready to anything, even work out, feeling sloppy. Also, I often do other things before or after and am walking around the city in my gym clothes. Nice to feel put together for activities after the gym as well.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I'm really picky about my clothes but I'm also really cheap! :)

I get my running shorts from Old Navy (they are $15 but I stock up when they are on sale. I got a bunch for $5 each the last time they went on sale). I like them better than Nike's tempo shorts which are $30. I don't like their tops because they have too much cotton in them, so they just get soaked and feel heavy.

I get my tops and capris from Marshall's/TJ Maxx. The tops are usually $9.99 and I always make sure they are 100% polyester and have some kind of moisture-wicking technology. I seriously cannot workout in anything else. I am so weird. Capris are usually $12.99 to 14.99 but they are hit or miss so I end up trying on 20 pairs and buying 1.

The things I do NOT skimp on are socks and shoes. I pay $15/pair for Feetures socks and I'm currently running in $130 Adidas Supernova Glide 6 sneaks.
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I like the Target C9 brand. Its good and basic and if you can catch it on sale its even better.
  • Sundogoh
    Sundogoh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I refuse to by lululemon. I haven't been happy with much of anything I have bought from Old Navy. I like Gapfit (buy on sale) and most things Nike. I like SkirtSport skirts which I find cheaper on Amazon as well as New Balance items I get off joesnewbalanceoutlet.com or 6pm.com.
  • jessacurtis
    jessacurtis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My exercise clothes are from Wal-mart. I honestly couldn't care less if my outfit looks good while drenched in sweat.
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    TJmaxx- I really particularly like MPG- they make great gear.

LuLuLemon is rubbish- I'll never give them a cent. Body shaming *kitten*.

So a company that decides to make clothes for only certain sizes is body shaming now? Awesome.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Old Navy
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Joe Fresh (Superstore)
    Nike
    Under Armour
    Tuff (Costco)
  • jmcdonald2011
    jmcdonald2011 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I`ve owned 2 pairs of lululemon pants and I can say that I 100% prefer the ones from costco
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TJmaxx- I really particularly like MPG- they make great gear.

LuLuLemon is rubbish- I'll never give them a cent. Body shaming *kitten*.

Dude. The MPG pants are amazing. They are all I can wear now because nothing else stays up. And they're hot.

for realz. I adore their stuff- it's thick- and has a GREAT waist band- love them chits. and they look cute. I have a fantastic slouch hoody from them- so awesome.

but if you aren't paying extra- why is it a crisis if it's cute AND comfortable?? outside of work- I'm in fitness clothes- I spend 4-5 days at my dance studio- and plus 3-4 days at my gym. I LIVE in those clothes. no reason I can't feel fabulous/look good AND workout.
    I don't understand this mentality that in order to work hard you can't look cute OR that looking cute takes SOOOOOO Much extra time.
    So a company that decides to make clothes for only certain sizes is body shaming now? Awesome.
    if you're clothing line is targetting for WORKING OUT- which something like 80% of the population works out with the intent to lose weight- than yes- it's suspect.

Secondly- I AM fit- I'm actively gaining/losing on purpose- and have never been fat- or out of shape and there is no way in hell I could wear them- they either would not fit- or I would shred the thigh seams- but I'm assuming it's more of a "would not fit" situation. They aren't built for bodies- they are built for A single type of body.

It's not about the size- it's about the shape and the general attitude- the guy is unquestionably a prick- and I rarely get riled about *kitten* like this because I typically have better things to do- but really- you're a brand that cators to working out- you need to not be judgmental about peoples bodies- he's comments were pretty inappropriate.
  • elsyoommen
    elsyoommen Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I do love lululemon as well despite all the issues. But I also find it expensive. I have had good luck with finding an outfit by Fila at Winners which has become my favourite. I also have had some good experiences with stuff from Mountain Equipment Co-op. If you are in a city in Canada with a MEC you might want to go try on some stuff to see if you like it. Unlike Lululemon, their stuff goes on sale sometimes.

I wish I did not care how I looked when I go to the gym but I do - it is motivating to me when I look in the mirror. The better quality clothing feels better against the skin and fits better. Also my gym is close to work so there is a good chance I will see people from work ...
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options

It's not about the size- it's about the shape and the general attitude- the guy is unquestionably a prick- and I rarely get riled about *kitten* like this because I typically have better things to do- but really- you're a brand that cators to working out- you need to not be judgmental about peoples bodies- he's comments were pretty inappropriate.

What about this makes him a prick?

“Our product and design strategy is built around creating products for our target guest in our size range of 2-12. While we know that doesn’t work for everyone and recognize fitness and health come in all shapes and sizes, we’ve built our business, brand and relationship with our guests on this formula.”

Demonizing people because you feel left out is just sad.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I am not left out- I have never worn lulu lemon- I refuse to pay that much money for clothes I abuse so much.

But he blatently said "some people just shouldn't' be wearing this stuff"

You don't blame someone's shape for a crappy product. My Target premium pants haven't popped a seam or shredded on the inside thigh yet- and I've had two pairs for over 4 years.

People complain about that inside thigh on lululemon and the see-through-ness of the pants frequently. I'ts a crappy product he's trying to dismiss by saying the wrong body type is wearing it.

I don't know if I can fit into their 12's I doubt it- I typically wear small-medium work out pants and 10-14 in jeans sizes.

I'd like to edit and say- I don't care that he markets only a certain size range- He's free to do so- but he is a prick because he should keep those opinions to himself, instead airing all his opinions- there was absolutely no need to be making comments about people's bodies. being "right" or not for their brand of clothing.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Old Navy is my go to workout gear place.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Athleta, Gap, Body Collection which most TJ Maxx and Marshalls stores carry, I think I have gotten some of the MPG stuff that people have mentioned too.

Lulu is not worth the price tag for their constantly declining quality. If I wanted everyone to see my underwear, why would I even put pants on? Seethroughability is a huge downfall to a lot of their compression-y wear.
  • pinknikes30
    Options
    Fabletics.com is amazing!!
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think it was more about his quote of that the clothing was designed specifically for women with a thigh gap only that got people riled up....
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

What about this makes him a prick?

“Our product and design strategy is built around creating products for our target guest in our size range of 2-12. While we know that doesn’t work for everyone and recognize fitness and health come in all shapes and sizes, we’ve built our business, brand and relationship with our guests on this formula.”

Demonizing people because you feel left out is just sad.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/outrageous-remarks-by-lululemon-founder-chip-wilson-2013-12

I'm with you on this one, JoRocka.