WHAT IS YOUR 'TREAT'?

Options
What do you allow yourself as a 'treat', to stop major sugar/salt cravings?

For me, it is squirty cream on top of my yoghurt (only 45 extra calories) or a Chupa Chups lollipop :wink: .:happy: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• FlowerFairy493
    Options
    I buy what I craved the next day, in limited portions. :wink:
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I always have in Jaffa cakes or 2 finger kitkats, they aren't that bad calorie wise and are just enough to stop me wanting any biscuits or chocolate more :P
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A little fat free (usually french vanilla) creamer in my coffee. I generally crave a cup in the afternoon so I opt for decaf :happy:
  • sliznick
    sliznick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Arctic zero pints.
  • Cheeseburger85
    Cheeseburger85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers.
  • Discoqueen77
    Discoqueen77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Fudge Bars (Giant!) Only 110 calories.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    a cup of hot tea and something small like 5-10 semisweet chocolate chips or a fortune cookie
  • Carlywiese
    Carlywiese Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm am/was a Pepsi addict to the core (2-3 litres a day!) so now I don't keep it in the house at all and my treat is a small 8oz Pepsi Slurpee from 7-11 60 cal but high in carbs/sugar so only about 2 a week :)
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i make my own sorbets. i use half the sugar the recipe calls for, and i make one that is cocoa powder and sugar syrup (and peppermint extract) . (that one i can only cut out 1/4 of the sugar because cocoa) tastes like dark chocolate but i think 150 cals per serving and very low or no fat. i also make one with light coconut milk and half sugar... i want to make that one again but with almond extract... it is only 110 calories per serving 1/2 cup servings.

i also love greek yogurt. \

but sometimes i just fit in whatever it is i want. every couple weeks my son and i walk to the library and stop for a zombie donut on the way. a million calories but i just fit it it. usually its a donut, library, then gym walking adventure so no big deal.

i also will split a smoothie with him. i like that he helps me eat my junk food.

i also just buy what i want if i want it in small quantities, and before i eat any, separate it into calorie marked serving sizes.

oh and strong brewed tazo passion tea, no sugar necessary, or with a squeeze of lemon. sooo sweet just on its own and no cals.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when hubby is eating ice cream I will allow myself a spoonful. I am still at the stage of my weight loss that I dont really have treats. I do have a pkg of 100 calorie special k fruit bars. They taste just like pop tarts.
  • alice_schmalice
    alice_schmalice Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate. Or a no sugar added fudge bar.
    Or 15 plain M&Ms :)
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream or brownie brittle
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream or brownie brittle

I have not tried any skinny cow things but brownie brittle is amazing! Discovered that on a trip and then realized they sell it locally at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
  • CheChe518
    Options
    To kill sugar cravings, I kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Enjoy Life chocolate chips :laugh: I put them in my oatmeal along with a tbsp of Peanut butter and a banana. I get my sweet fix and chocolate fix all at once.
  • Magic1337
    Options
    Once a week a nice warm fresh granary baguette and a pack of chocolate raisins!
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the traditionalist but I break off tiny pieces of dark chocolate. Or have a squirt of squirty cream. I've also found the Hartley 7 calorie jelly pots to be very very sweet (sweeter than I can eat in one sitting) so they always work.
  • Jerkwaffle
    Options
    Dreyer's Outshine Fuit (or fruit & veggie) bars are great for 60-70 calories.
  • budobo
    budobo Posts: 38
    Options
    A cup of frozen yogurt once in a while kills my cravings for the next week (they're so awesome!)

Or on a smaller and more common basis, a squirt of whipped cream straight to the mouth is only ~15 calories and deliciously naughty

In a totally normal food-a-holic way.
  • Davidc1961
    Davidc1961 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For chocolate taste I use Cacao nibs, usually 1/8 cup @ 90 calories. For sweet I go for a berry smoothie, strawberries and either blue/black berries @ about 200 calories. For salty I like the Costco seaweed, I think it's baked. Half a package is 50 calories.

That said, I have found that the more often I tell myself I will have it tomorrow, the easier it is to delay gratification.

1 or two beers a week allow me to tell myself that I haven't given it up, I'm just cutting back...
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the traditionalist but I break off tiny pieces of dark chocolate. Or have a squirt of squirty cream. I've also found the Hartley 7 calorie jelly pots to be very very sweet (sweeter than I can eat in one sitting) so they always work.
    I often turn to Harleys jelly pots as a "get me through" treat. My other fav is some frozen raspberries in 100ml of Alpro almond milk. Not many cals and the frozen berries together with the almond milk results in a kind of ice cream consistency (I do have a good imagination though!).