What do you do with your fat clothes?

Options
MisterZ33
MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
Ive lost some weight but more so, inches in the right areas. i would give my fat clothes to my fat friends, but truth be told, i was the fat friend!

one thing for sure - i am not keeping these clothes in my closet.

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    goodwill or Salvation Army....
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    yeah. donate them.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Donate to vintage shops that actually do something reasonable for the community. Where I'm at, it's WIN. Profits go towards women's shelters.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Donated the REALLY big ones, gave the smaller big ones to my friends. It is an interesting thing to see them worn by my "THIN" friends and say "Hey! I remember that shirt". Yes, I am evil.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Since a lot of my clothes are work attire, I donate them to the Women's Shelter in town.
    I want them to be given to someone that needs them, not resold by a thrift store.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    This topic comes up a lot and I always suggest selling them in lots (like 5-10 items at a time) via Craigslist or garage sales. That's how I had a lot of success selling my too large clothes.

I feel ya on being "the fat friend" btw...same here...I'm taller and until recently was larger than all but ONE friend who is heavier by a lot and she was embarking on her weight loss effort around the same time but got SUPER offended when I offered her some free clothes...never doing that again! ;-)

Donating is always a GREAT idea as well. That's what I do now that I have just 2-3 items at a time to get rid of, rather than an entire professional and casual wardrobe.

Good luck!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    Mostly donated. But the expensive stuff like tailored suits I need for work I bring to a tailor to get altered.
  • MisterZ33
    Options
    im only giving away the shirts. my suit jackets fit me better now, however the dress pants i am having the waist taken in.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of donating almost everything. I did keep one pair of my big jeans as a reminder of what I will not be going back to, ever!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I sew, so if I can't alter them to fit my new body, they go OUT in the donations box. Or depending what it is and how it fits, I save them for future pregnancies. (I don't think that's something OP needs to consider, though. :laugh: )
  • dispatcher939
    dispatcher939 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My friends went through my closet to get what they wanted then I donated the rest.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I got crafty over the weekend and took in all of my husband's business shirts and pants. He's still losing and his shirts are only a months or two old, so we thought it was worth taking them in... once he loses more, we'll donate them. I get a receipt from Goodwill and claim it on our tax :D
  • lnettles5179
    lnettles5179 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sold mine =)
  • MisterZ33
    Options
    I sew, so if I can't alter them to fit my new body, they go OUT in the donations box. Or depending what it is and how it fits, I save them for future pregnancies. (I don't think that's something OP needs to consider, though. :laugh: )

are you kidding me, i have been trapped in the body of a woman nearing the end of her 3rd trimester for most of my adult life.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I didn't really have "fat" clothes but I'm the smallest of the sisters. So I just sent my younger sister who is taller and juicier in the rear my size 10 shorts and skirts and some tops I bought in Large because of shrinking. (she also has a nicer set up top than I do).
    Can't wait for her to get the box.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    goodwill
  • jasonctyler
    Options
    Except for the tailored garments I got re-altered to fit me again, -- you shoulda seen the look on the Seamstress' face btw, if she hadn't of been there the first time to measure me for the slacks and jackets originally, she wouldn't have believed they'd ever have belonged to me -- I donated what was in pristine condition, and burned the rest making a solemn vow that I would never again fit into something that big. When I reach all of my original goals, I plan on doing a fire walk on a hot bed of coals to remind myself what it felt like being morbidly obese with bad knees and gout; and that if I ever forsake my vow next time it's my butt I'll toss in the fire. J/k on the last part... maybe. Lol.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I bought a fat suit to wear under my clothes so I don't have to throw them all out. Take that ill fitting clothes!!!

^^ This!! Also, my clothes are not fat, they are big boned.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been up n down for years and when I'm down to a medium shirt again i give mine to my brother or my dad as they are both in need of larger clothes than myself..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!