Is there something that you are TIRED of eating?

Options
As I bit into my afternoon snack (today celery sticks) I thought...man I don't like plain celery.
I would have had baby carrots but they were slimy when I pulled them out of the fridge and honestly, I'm tired of baby carrots too.

You see, these are 2 options that I can buy rather inexpensively once per week and they last for a week or more in the fridge. So...they are my go-to low-calorie snack option.

But...I think once I'm on maintenance I will be happy to never eat either of them again. lol.

Replies

• willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I get like that with random foods too, I'll go HAM and want to eat them every day of the week, and suddenly just have no interest in them. Celery and baby carrots were my go-to snacks months ago too lol. Then I switched to grape tomatoes, cucumber slices, or strips of bell pepper.

RE: baby carrots: I also hate the slime on them. When I buy them and weigh out the amount I'm going to eat, I wrap them in a few dry paper towels before putting them into the ziploc bag / container I store them in for snacking. It keeps them dry and crispy and perfect.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    RE: baby carrots: I also hate the slime on them. When I buy them and weigh out the amount I'm going to eat, I wrap them in a few dry paper towels before putting them into the ziploc bag / container I store them in for snacking. It keeps them dry and crispy and perfect.

Awesome! Thanks! :) I'll have to try that.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I found it more economical to buy regular carrots and to peel and chop them into sticks as I need them. I tend to switch foods due to growing seasons so don't tend to get overly bored with any one.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I would very quickly get tired of plain carrots/celery. I would also still be hungry. I usually have some sort of protein for a snack, such as deli meat (chicken or turkey), cottage cheese, greek yogurt, veggie burger etc...The only thing I get tired of is plain water!!!
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I would very quickly get tired of plain carrots/celery. I would also still be hungry. I usually have some sort of protein for a snack, such as deli meat (chicken or turkey), cottage cheese, greek yogurt, veggie burger etc...The only thing I get tired of is plain water!!!

I actually prefer plain water! lol.