• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    55331f6095fc0ad7dbbc3f8be714bc9484a4671a0242cfb3222d588e3ccac888.jpg
    Hmmmmm ...
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    For my nephew's party, I made jedi clothes for all the kids and made light sabers by cutting sections of foam that you use to wrap insulate pipes with and wrapping with colorful ductape. You can do something like this.. they can watch star wars and then beat the crap out of each other with foam light sabers. Seriously at my nephews party, the kids played with the light sabers for over an hour and nobody cried or got hurt.. 27 kids and not one tear. Some kind of record.
    599751_4215088053381_480759027_n.jpg

This is what we did last year when the 501 Legion came!! Awesome :) We... did have tears *LOL*
  • odusgolp
    Options

OK, We now only have FIVE more kids coming as this guy, his 2 year old, and his hookers and blow will no longer be attending....
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Legos - just set up a table with some (you can even use Duplo for the younger ones). This entertains boys and girls of almost all ages for hours. You can have them do activities (divide into teams, build a tower, tallest/fastest wins, etc.) or just free play.

Crafts - set up a table with coloring pages or a craft - like a cardboard picture frame you decorate yourself or foam kit you can make. I have found both boys and girls like these. If I do picture frames, I take a group photo and print it out and send it home with them.

Obstacle course - I have done this for 2 years. I just grab various sports equipment and set it up in my backyard - a jump rope, dribble a soccer ball, hula hoop, mini basketball hoop, crawl through a tunnel, etc. The kids LOVE this and it takes maybe 5 minutes to set up.

You can set up a little concession stand for the movie with different kinds of popcorn and fun size candy bars.

Genius. And Lego Tower's that Godzilla can DESTROY!!!
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    For my nephew's party, I made jedi clothes for all the kids and made light sabers by cutting sections of foam that you use to wrap insulate pipes with and wrapping with colorful ductape. You can do something like this.. they can watch star wars and then beat the crap out of each other with foam light sabers. Seriously at my nephews party, the kids played with the light sabers for over an hour and nobody cried or got hurt.. 27 kids and not one tear. Some kind of record.
    599751_4215088053381_480759027_n.jpg
    Jesus! It looks like a juvenile toga party that found "Mommy's Toy Drawer"!
    shocked.gif
  • BzNova
    BzNova Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did a lego party for my 9yo, when he turned 7. We played lots of "minute to win it" games. Lots of the supplies I already had around the house. I served pulled pork from the crock pot, with the various bbq sides. He loved it, kids loved it.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Shaving cream fight, followed by wading pool showers.

Any chase game: This game is many players, and should be played in an open area. To play, take off your shoes.
    Pull your socks down so that they are flopping and hanging off your toes. Then, crawling on your hands and knees, try to steal the other players' socks. When both of your socks have been taken, you're out. Last one left with a sock is the winner.

We've played another game with socks that we called "Clean your Room." A bunch of balled up socks, two teams, a bunch of balled up socks. The object is to clean your room by throwing all the socks over onto the other team's side while they are doing the same thing. When the older kids hit the little ones, it won't hurt so not nearly as many tears.

Spider web is also good.

Have them create a big mural with a long piece of newsprint taped up on a fence.

Treasure hunts, depending on how elaborate you'd like to be, is usually a hit. More so if they are required to perform stupid human tricks along the way.

Anything involving sitting on balloons is good for the older kids, maybe younger ones can draw on theirs instead.

If you have any outdoor play equipment, turn them loose on that for a while. In my experience, nothing has to be elaborate. The kids just seem to get giddy by being at something called a "party." Add cake, ice cream and pizza and you win.

YES! You're awesome. Love this. And "Clean your room" is cracking me up.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I did a lego party for my 9yo, when he turned 7. We played lots of "minute to win it" games. Lots of the supplies I already had around the house. I served pulled pork from the crock pot, with the various bbq sides. He loved it, kids loved it.

Oh, and I have played tons of those that would work.

Now I have too many awesome ideas and have to make "decisions." /sigh.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Water fight with water pistols and water bombs.
    Buy a couple of sets of these pistols: http://amzn.to/1r5PBTS
    A couple of sets of these reusable water bombs: http://amzn.to/VgyJL1
    Initially do a free-for-all then do organised games if they get bored. Plenty of games rules if you google.

Dodgeball with foam balls? Might be tricky with just 6 players. Try gauntlet. Everyone lines up at either side of the garden with a ball (foam or baseball - that's your choice :-D ). Then one player tries to run the length of the garden while avoiding being hit by a ball. Can give everyone 3 attempts. See who can make it.
    hqdefault.jpg

Brilliant.

Just don't let them spit them out in the toilet because you'll spend the rest of the evening trying to poke them down. :D
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Legos - just set up a table with some (you can even use Duplo for the younger ones). This entertains boys and girls of almost all ages for hours. You can have them do activities (divide into teams, build a tower, tallest/fastest wins, etc.) or just free play.

Crafts - set up a table with coloring pages or a craft - like a cardboard picture frame you decorate yourself or foam kit you can make. I have found both boys and girls like these. If I do picture frames, I take a group photo and print it out and send it home with them.

Obstacle course - I have done this for 2 years. I just grab various sports equipment and set it up in my backyard - a jump rope, dribble a soccer ball, hula hoop, mini basketball hoop, crawl through a tunnel, etc. The kids LOVE this and it takes maybe 5 minutes to set up.

You can set up a little concession stand for the movie with different kinds of popcorn and fun size candy bars.

Genius. And Lego Tower's that Godzilla can DESTROY!!!

Yes - lego towers, that's exactly what I was trying to think of when I said build something that the kids, acting like Godzilla, can destroy...

Sounds like a fun party! I'm definitely going to try to sell my son on doing a party at home this year with a small group of kids, rather than a big expensive generic blowout at a bounce place...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

OK, We now only have FIVE more kids coming as this guy, his 2 year old, and his hookers and blow will no longer be attending....

And now she will be mad at daddy for not getting to play with the bubbles... I know how this works.
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like the water gun etc. idea,.. let them have at them and they'll have fun for hours..

You can also let them make their own food/ cake whatever... just make it something they can put together at the table and put bowls with ingredients in the middle.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Water fight with water pistols and water bombs.
    Buy a couple of sets of these pistols: http://amzn.to/1r5PBTS
    A couple of sets of these reusable water bombs: http://amzn.to/VgyJL1
    Initially do a free-for-all then do organised games if they get bored. Plenty of games rules if you google.

Dodgeball with foam balls? Might be tricky with just 6 players. Try gauntlet. Everyone lines up at either side of the garden with a ball (foam or baseball - that's your choice :-D ). Then one player tries to run the length of the garden while avoiding being hit by a ball. Can give everyone 3 attempts. See who can make it.
    hqdefault.jpg

Brilliant.

Just don't let them spit them out in the toilet because you'll spend the rest of the evening trying to poke them down. :D

Just gives the boys something to aim at. It's what we do.
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Some really great ideas here already. If you have bad weather and get stuck inside, you could have them build and bake their own pizzas. Then bake and decorate their own cupcakes. While their waiting for the stuff to bake you could have a "dance party" or play musical chair or have a scavenger hunt to find treasures you hide all over the house. With that wide of an age range, I would color code all of the treasures and hide them with various levels of difficulty according to their ages.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    He also wants to end the night with popcorn and a viewing of "Godzilla vs. Mothra" and "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla." I can't imagine a single other child enjoying very very old Godzilla movies.... LOL

Holy crap!! My 8 year old loves the old Godzilla movies too. We have the toys, movies and videos on YouTube playing constantly!! You made my day since I now know that he's not the only one!

My son would be happy if everyone came over and played Godzilla, Angry Birds, and Legos all night.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Cards Against Humanity is always a crowd pleaser.

0qXVil.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Outdoor movie, fire, smores

OKAY I WANT A DO-OVER of my childhood and i want this guy to be my daddy!
  • shellecollins
    shellecollins Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would say take something your child loves (character, sport, etc) and Pinterest it! You'll find TONS of things for any and all budget!!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    Outdoor movie, fire, smores

OKAY I WANT A DO-OVER of my childhood and i want this guy to be my daddy!

Which goes so appropriately with the Enginerd's post...