Sennekot or scale? Help please!

Options
2»

Replies

• N0VV
    N0VV Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's not good for you to take laxatives everyday.
    Some laxatives actually draws water OUT into your stool to allow it to pass, so you are not retaining water, you are likely doing the opposite. Others cause food to pass too quick by stimulating the GI tract, causing ineffective absorption. So you have to be careful in your choice.

When you stop taking it, you will have a nasty rebound constipation. You need to find something that is more daily basis friendly for long term use. Like a Fiber (i.e Metamucil).

Source: Super RN
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    In my experience, walking helps, plus if you want a specific exercise for getting things moving through the bowels, try leg raises!

Just to add to the above, prunes, prune juice, avocados and chia seeds (soaked in water until they resemble caviar), can be helpful too.

Also, re: the undigested food, I wonder if your body has all the nutrients and enzymes it needs to break down what you are putting into your body fully. If not, a good vitamin b-complex, as well as digestive enzymes you can take with your meals, can help :)