Still sore mid-way through running season.

I'm training for my second half-marathon and I'm still getting sore the day after my long runs. I don't remember being this sore this late in my training last year. Is that normal?
I'm running 4-6 days a week, adding .5 miles to my long run each week (I'm up to 10 miles now), one fast day at 5 miles, then the other days slow a 5-6 miles.
My long runs are usually at 7 a.m. I wake up, drink water, drive to the place where I run, stretch, and hit the trail.
I just got new shoes, which has helped with pain in the feet and knees, but my muscles are still sore a day or two after.
I'm pretty much doing a similar routine as last year, running the same pace, except last year I added 1 mile each week instead of half.
Do you think I should eat before my run? Or eat different? I usually come home and have a smoothie, egg, and veggie sausage for breakfast. Or should get up earlier and walk? I really hate getting up early.

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    If you are training for a half and you are focusing on improving your time and you are already doing tens regularly, you probably don't need to run a ten every week... build in some weeks where 8 is your longest...