How do you stop cravings?

Options
2»

Replies

• ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I think we are all in the same boat. Try not to keep trigger food around the house and have satiating meals. Distraction. Keep your hands busy. Doing my nails works a treat for me ;) Think I just had my 5 a day in watermelon. Not a bad thing either ;)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    At first I read this as "How do you stop carvings."

LOL

I see you are a married man...sex. Lots and lots of it.

Also, add chia seeds. I get some nonfat yogurt and add chia seeds to it, it bulks it right up. I love it, personally.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    willpower. You have to choose either JSN or JSF.
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Log it on MFP - when you see how many calories it adds to your day and how much you will weigh in 5 weeks, It usually stops me!
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options

I see you are a married man...sex. Lots and lots of it.

I was going to suggest that - but thought it might be inappropriate :wink:
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    A few ideas:
    - work your craving into your calories. Eat 200 calories less during the day, and then when you have cravings at night, measure out 200 calories of chips/hotdogs/icecream and eat it
    - chew gum
    - brush your teeth
    - since you can't go out due to the sleeping kids, try something like jogging in place, a few pushups, a few squats etc.
  • adcahall
    Options
    sounds silly....but get a red stop sign magnet and put it on the front of the fridge. It will at least slow you down and make you think about if you really want it.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Sipping a drink you love may stop you from having other stuff. I like camomile tea and fennel tea. Or diet coke when it's hot.
  • Peloton73
    Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a portion of pistachios and a glass of water. If it's sugar I'm craving, I'll have a few chunks of pineapple. It'l spike my blood sugar a little but I'm getting some tasty micronutrients and it beats a hot fudge sundae. ;)