What do you hate most about being overweight?

Options

Replies

• NessaReh85
    NessaReh85 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Let's see
    -Not being able to shop in any store I want because name brands dont carry my size
    -Not being able :embarassed: to have as active of a sex life
    -Looking ridiculous in family pictures because you are the only member in double digit clothes
    -Not being able to look in the mirror and see what my husband tells me he sees
    -Wishing I could comfortably wear tank tops in the summer without worrying about people looking at my bat wings (hanging arm fat)

The list could go on and on but you get the idea :(
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I hate that my entire wardrobe was all black because it was a "slimming color". I look like I am in mourning all the time.
    I just recently began introducing color to my wardrobe.

I hated shopping for clothes and being limited to the type of clothing I could wear because I had to cover my arms and stomach.

I want to wear tank tops and short skirts and body suits. I want to wear slacks with my shirt tucked in and a nice belt. I want to wear white, pink, orange, blue and yellow. I want to go shopping for clothing without worrying if there is a plus sized section in the store.

This is what I hate about being obese. Among many other things.
  • exsmoker6714
    Options
    I can't find decent looking clothes that fit, I have trouble going to sleep- I start to relax then "wake up" gasping unable to breathe. I have more asthma attacks (never had a horrible one, though)
    I now have severe anxiety when it comes to going out in public and I can't stand feeling lazy.
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I also hate the looks I get when I go to a zumba class or when I go running outside. As if an obese person could not possibly perform these cardio exercises. I have to coach myself into not caring what others think of me and just doing what I need to do to get healthy.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror and clothes shopping, in particular not being able to wear clingy dresses
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    My moobs
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    buftets that aren't really all you can eat.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Not being able to play tennis any longer:sad: ............looking foward to resuming my game as I lose weight!!!:blushing:

you can always play tennis! sports are one of my favorite ways to do cardio because its fun and isn't mindless like running on a treadmill
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    The way people treat me now vs how they did when I was thin.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I've been the fat one all my life, when it was the minority, so it's my norm. at 54 it's more about feeling healthy and medications. What really gets me is the way young people don't see how huge they are. I used to joke about it, but was really pretty happy...then the pre-diabetes thing hits... and the side effects from meds... better to not go there at all. I had a discussion with 2 friends the other day about country singers (they go to a lot of concerts) they made me google their favorites and a lot of them are HUGE. these girls don't think 'they're that big." well, in my opinion, THEY ARE and not recognizing it at 23 years old is not very good..
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    The way I look in the mirror during s_ _. Too much jiggling...

the way I look in the mirror in general. WAY too much jiggling.
  • valkaree
    valkaree Posts: 519
    Options
    The way I look in the mirror during s_ _. Too much jiggling...

the way I look in the mirror in general. WAY too much jiggling.

I agree especially when brushing my teeth. Better now though :)
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    So many to list..
    I hated looking in a mirror
    Clothes shopping
    Pictures, I avoided them like it was my job
    My double chin
    My thighs rubbed together

I'm sure there is more but I just can't bare to list them...
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Not being able to shop and normal high street stores, and getting dirty looks when I did go in with friends/family.
  • MeLanceUppercut
    MeLanceUppercut Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I really hate knowing that I failed myself. I hate it that I was fairly thin and let it get out of control. Also, buying shirts that fit are more expensive cause they are basically circus tents
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    For me it's feeling unconfident. In bed, being naked, wearing my bathing suit, being out clothes shopping - anywhere where my weight comes to the forefront.

THIS! Exactly THIS!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Going out with a group of my girlfriends, and for the first time, feeling like it was possible that I was the DUFF
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    All of these issues expressed above I've had as well. In general, just feeling trapped in your own body is miserable.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I also hate the looks I get when I go to a zumba class or when I go running outside. As if an obese person could not possibly perform these cardio exercises. I have to coach myself into not caring what others think of me and just doing what I need to do to get healthy.

You can come with me to Zumba ANY TIME, I love going to classes and being with people who love them too!
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The way people treat you differently when you are overweight, as if you are stupider

Every event I had to get dressed up for was stressful as I was constantly needing larger and larger sizes and looking worse and worse.