Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ouch! Foot pain for a runner = not good!

So lately I have restarted a running regimen, VERY light (those of you familiar with C25k, I am on W1D2, so nothing crazy). I do a chair aerobics class on Monday and Wednesday, run on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, and have started doing Zumba on Saturdays.

I noticed yesterday after Zumba that the tops of my feet all the way to my ankles and up to my shins are SUPER sore when I flex my foot or point my toes. I'm not sure what this is, but my mom suggested that maybe I needed different shoes for Zumba. I've been bad and have been wearing my running shoes to Zumba (I know, not supposed to do that) and she said something about needing shoes that allow for side to side motion, and running shoes only allow forward motion? I dunno. Anywho, can someone pleeeease tell me what it is they think I have? I have not noticed any swelling, the pain is not unbearable just uncomfortable, and I only feel it when I flex, point, or roll my foot around.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    It sounds like muscle and possibly tendon/ligament strain. Try some gently massage and gently stretch your feet and ankles. You should be just fine in a couple of days.

I've never done Zumba but I used to be in a hip-hop dance company and we always danced in regular runnings shoes. I did jazz dance in the too and I don't think anyone ever had any problems. It could be that it's not the shoes, but just that you overworked your feet and ankles in ways you don't normally use them.