Motivation Help!

Options
I was doing really well with my weight loss for about a year and a half. I lost 74 pounds. About 6 months ago, I lost my motivation. A few life things happened, we moved and lost our apartment complex gym (convenience), and then I went back to work after summer break. This year at work has been very stressful, and the administration has been very negative towards me. This has caused me to not have the motivation to workout and I started stress eating.

I have gained 10 pounds back. I keep trying to get back on track, but then don't get to the gym or I start eating junk. I really want to get my will power back. I had extreme will power at the beginning and now have pretty much none!

Any ideas of how to get back on track? I really have about 30 more pounds I would like to lose, and I am going in the opposite direction.

Please help!

Replies

• andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations! What a great loss so far.

Reading your post make me think that it's important to reassess what you are in control of and what you do not have control over. If people at work are acting nasty toward you without cause, that is NOT something you can control. Focus on yourself and what you can do. Don't let someone else's stupidity ruin all the good you have done for yourself already. Focus on yourself. If you need to look for work elsewhere, then do so. Even if you don't end up leaving, simply looking may help you realize you have other options and make you feel better. Perhaps also getting involved in an activity where you do have more control will help you to feel more stable in life, chanigng your focus and halting the stress eating. If you feel like stress eating, stop. Take a deep breath and figure out why. You can only control your own actions, not everyone else. Try to incorporate something other than work into your life. Could you join an activity to refocus yourself and as outlet for exercising too? -- join a bowling club or a dance class. Learn to ski. Commit to deep cleaning your house or getting really involved in decorating for Christmas. Pick something else in life to focus on and move in a positive direction.

Most of all, focus on holding onto your progress so far! It's okay to focus on maintaining instead of loosing during this stessful season instead of your life.