cold feet

Options

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You know what SUCKS?!?! Now when I get in the shower my hands and feel burn when the water isn't even that hot. *grumble*
  • Bzbear2
    Bzbear2 Posts: 109
    Options
    I agree, it sounds like a circulation thing. Have you tried doing some mild physical activity for bed? I'm not talking super cardio but what about a brisk walk? Should warm you right up.

I live in Germany and there are all kinds of cures for cold feet around here.

Try an alternating bath! It may seem counterintuitive, but try dipping your feet first in hot water (really hot! as hot as you can stand! for about 5 minutes (but of course be careful and don't burn yourself). and then in cool water (around 55 degrees fahrenheit) for about 15-20 seconds. It will feel cold. Repeat 2-3 times. This is really good for your circulation!

Also try a simple foot bath with warm-hot water and Himalayan Salt - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayan_salt - can be really helpful!

Try massaging your feet, with sesame oil (it's warming)! Or any other type of "warming" massage oil.

Try doing some "foot gymnastics" - wiggle your toes, stretch and flex your feet, try to pick up a piece of fabric with your toes (activating musculature),

Try rolling your feet back and forth over one of those plastic "spiked" massage balls http://www.shapeupshop.com/fitness/recovery/massage_ball.htm

Go to the Sauna! It's great for your circulation - try your local YMCA or go at the gym! Be sure to follow up all sauna sessions with COLD water - it's tough the first time, but it feels soooo good.

Just some fun, alternative ideas :)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    This just confirms my theory that women are reptilian. bwahaha.gif
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have really cold feet as well... I use one of those heating pads that are filled with corn that you can put in the microwave for a few minutes. Then put it under the covers by your feet. It stays warm for hours. I like using it instead of a electric heating pad b/c there is no worries of starting a fire and its all natural!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Well, I have been a fan of the V series since the 80's, so there you go. :laugh:
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options

I am not cold blooded. I am however cold butted. My husband gets very upset when I try to snuggle. :devil:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

I am not cold blooded. I am however cold butted. My husband gets very upset when I try to snuggle. :devil:
    No male enjoys blue balls angry.gif
  • tater8589
    Options
    I have seen some socks made for hunters at sports stores that have a place for foot warmers (similar to hand warmers) and others that have a battery pack and heat up like electric blankets. I personally don't own them, but that may work. Another option, when my feet are that cold I take a really hot bath, it warms my whole body so the blood flows to my hands and feet better. If your core is warm the blood will move, if your core is cold hands and feet are the first to lose blood. Hope this helped :)

Oh btw... now I notice my feet are cold too :laugh: (can't take a bath at work... dangit lol)
  • tater8589
    Options
    I also keep a wool blanket over the bottom part of the bed to help keep the foot-heat in.

unfortunately I'm allergic to wool.... and down feathers.... the 2 most warm things that I could use!!! :laugh:

Fleece is a great alternative! I really like the super fuzzy kind cause its softer. Walmart sells blankets as big as King, sometimes you catch them on sale for $30.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have always had very cold hands and feet. Today at work I was doing fine, but reading this post has made my feet cold!! :explode:

So, my suggestion is the power of visualization--when they get cold, imagine you are walking over hot coals or something. I'm going to try that now...
  • sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    you may have Raynaud's Disease. check it and your doctor can help you treat it
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Someone mentioned the toe warmers hunters use. Don't try that! The ones that are a thin pad of material that sticks to your socks are activated by air flow. In your shoes/boots the supply is limited; in the bed, not so much. You will have a serious case of hot foot if you try that I'm thinking.

I watched my grandson go hot footing it across the floor to sit down and pull them off his socks when he forgot to remove them when he came back from hunting and took off his boots. It was hysterical! He didn't know for a second or two what the heck was going on with his feet. :noway:
  • tater8589
    Options
    Someone mentioned the toe warmers hunters use. Don't try that! The ones that are a thin pad of material that sticks to your socks are activated by air flow. In your shoes/boots the supply is limited; in the bed, not so much. You will have a serious case of hot foot if you try that I'm thinking.

I watched my grandson go hot footing it across the floor to sit down and pull them off his socks when he forgot to remove them when he came back from hunting and took off his boots. It was hysterical! He didn't know for a second or two what the heck was going on with his feet. :noway:

:laugh: that's funny. I suggested them, but as I said.. I don't own them. Good thing too or I would have been doing the same thing your grandson did. Thanks for the warning.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options

lol my ex call that Arctic *kitten*.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have that problem, always have. I got a heated mattress pad. It goes under the sheets. It keeps me toasty warm, even my feet.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've literally made my fiance jump back to the other side of our king bed & he can't even get within 2 feet of me since, apparently, i "radiate ice". I've always had poor cirulcation (part genetics & part thanx to car accident damage from the neck down), but since I've been losing weight again, I'm getting back to that "cold" point again :tongue: I actually had his seat-warmers in his car on full blast & I still couldn't feel my butt and thighs since I was still cold (this was after 1/2 hour ! :laugh: )

It's probably a good idea to have a Doc check you out, just to make sure you haven't damaged or destroyed anything on your Journey; but the less insulation [fat] you have, the more cold you will get quicker (extremeties are first to feel the cold). As I sit here typing, I'm starting to freeze again, so I think I will go freeze my fiance out of bed (funny thing is we are total opposites; he radiates heat & I radiate cold... I guess opposites really do attract :tongue: )
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. Before bed I can take a hot shower and be all toasty warm and crawl in bed. About an hour later (I read before bed to give my hair a chance to dry) I will be cold, and my feet will be like ice. My boyfriends feet will be like ice when he crawls in bed because of the wood floors in the house, and he does wear socks and slippers walking around. We bought an electric mattress pad and love it! We turn it on high while we are getting ready for bed and adjust (dual controls) as needed thru the night. After a few hours with my side on 2, I will kick my feet out from under the covers to cool off and turn it to 1 or off.

When it gets real cold outside our floor downstairs stays cold. The house is on a solid slab of concrete, and once the wood floor gets cold....I kind of move upstairs! :laugh: My boyfriend will put a blanket under his feet while sitting on the couch, and if needed he will use a heating pad under the feet.

I know my problem with getting cold is due to circulation and low blood pressure. When I lose weight it gets worse. The doc wasn't overly concerned about it as long as my fingers/toes were not going purple or blue. When I sit down for too long I get cold and have to get up and move to get my blood moving again. I do have to be careful when I get up because I may get a little dizzy. The doc told me NOT to be overly concerned with salt in my diet, and to drink some sports drink daily to keep my nutritional salts and minerals level. If it gets worse there are medications, but I would rather not go that route. I have delt with it my entire life with out it being too much of a problem 9 months out of the year! :ohwell:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Weirdly, my feet are warmer in bed if I don't wear socks, partially because I can snuggle them together. That totally doesn't cure Arctic *kitten*, however...