suggestions please

Options
So im a working mother of 3 and im findind it hard to fit in a workout on days that i work, im up at 330 work til 530 then super, kids homework bathes and try to fit in a little time with them before bed. Can anyone help with a good 15 to 20 min workout?

Replies

• JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Things that you can do without any prep, equipment, or space.....lunges, squats, leg lifts, jumping jacks, push ups and crunches. Try to squeeze 30 of each in (or even just some, depending on the day) :wink:
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    Do you drive in the city? At EVERY red light do isometrics. Pull your tummy in and hold at each red light. Grip the steering wheel and flex your arms muscles tight. Tighten legs and thighs. Rotate between these at long lights. You'll see results and no one will be the wiser that you are working out!
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    do you have netflix? i'm in the same position with the kids and getting home around dinner time, but i have netflix and they have some videos called 10 minute solutions... you can do as many as you can with however much time you have, and there's different types including pilates, kickboxing, aerobics, and each has 5, 10 minute sections, i do squats and lunges at work
  • BughaBear
    Options
    Do you drive in the city? At EVERY red light do isometrics. Pull your tummy in and hold at each red light. Grip the steering wheel and flex your arms muscles tight. Tighten legs and thighs. Rotate between these at long lights. You'll see results and no one will be the wiser that you are working out!

Those r some good ideas!!
  • BughaBear
    Options
    There are also videos on youtube that I do and its only 8 min each video there is a total of three they r called 8 minute abs, 8 minute legs and 8 minute arms and thats all it is 8 minutes each and they great look a little out dated but the exercise work great!!
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you have time at lunch walk the stairs in your building or take a walk outside...you could walk on your other 15 min breaks too!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii Fit you can spend time with your kids while you exercise. Or if you're looking for a workout to do after they go to bed, make up your own circuit of maybe 10 exercise like jumping jacks or push ups or whatever, do each exercise for one minute or 10-15 reps, and go through the circuit twice.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Also if you have Comcast, there are a variety of workouts on the On Demand channels.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The other day I decided to use my stairs to work off some calories. Going up and down stairs can really wear you out quick!! 5 minutes was all I could do and there was a "stair" category in MFP. That can be done in any amount of time, and with kids baths and what-not! I also have an exercise ball, the big kind. My daughter was sitting on it while she watched TV and homework. I noticed she was getting quite a workout just doing that. You could find some activities you can do on a workout ball while sitting with the kids doing homework or brushing hair, or reading books.
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    How long does it take the kids to do their homework? Could you enlist their help and do some "in place" walking while they complete their work? Or march around the kitchen table while they study. Kids can block out just about anything so its worth a try.

Are their stairs at work that you can use in lieu of the elevator? If you're on the 50th floor of a building it might be a bit much but you could stop at the 40th floor and walk the last ten flights. Do you sit at a desk. Can you "march" while sitting down? Do you walk from your car into the building - park further away.

Just some ideas.
  • thank you all for the suggestions i appreciate it very much, they were wonderful ideas