A Brief Introduction

Options
I'm writing this before heading out to my campus to teach some undergrads.

I have had some success with weight loss. When I started using calorie trackers to track my food intake and exercise, I weighed 400+ lbs. Currently I weigh somewhere in the 325-330 range. Obviously, I still have a long way to go. I haven't been particularly active in the community aspects of websites like these, so I thought maybe that would help me stay motivated. I tend to lose and gain back the same 15lbs ever since the initial loss of 70lbs. This has been going on for about a year now. I want to break through and continue to lose weight, especially now that I am 25 and in graduate school. I think the weight loss would allow me to feel more confident at the front of the classroom and in other professional/romantic situations..

My name is A.T. by the way.

Replies

• kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have the same thinking as you and thought that I would just use the food and exercise tabs and stay away from the community portion but it really does help to make you accountable even though you don't know anybody. Just sitting down and typing that you cheated on your food this past weekend makes you feel accountable and the words of encouragment you get from that is spectacular. Keep up the hard work and I am sure you will meet your goal. Having lots of friends on here helps as well, if you would like feel free to friend me and we can work together and offer each other support.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss so far - 70 lbs is fantastic! I'm close in age to you - a few years ahead - and I think it's great that you're trying to tackle this now. From what I've heard, the longer we wait the harder it gets. It will be tough focusing on this while in grad school (I know from personal experience!) but if you're determined, you can do it! You just have to find your "groove" - a routine/plan that works for you. Good luck!
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi A.T.! Welcome and good for you for losing so much weight already! I have previously lost about 50 lbs, but I gained quite a bit of it back during my second pregnancy. (My fault - not the baby's!) I am just starting the journey toward slim again. Friend me if you like. I login everyday, and my diary is public to my friends.
  • atdonovan
    atdonovan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I look forward to conversing with you in other topics.