Can you get addicted to Kratom?

Options
I have a question to some expereinced dudes in terms of taking kratom. Can you get addicted to Kratom? How it can be taken?
Are there any experienced kratom users here?

Thank you!

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz_8op-LAU-vez5ReIeMwKMtsXGFb8iL0N7e-QBMPZ8EQx4i1y
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    539604_497779616909721_321048143_n.jpg
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Well, I had to Google that one.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Since's it's used to help opiate addicts get off of drugs, I would have to assume it's addictive.
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Described as being legal (depending on jurisdiction) and "less addictive than opiates or codeine". Not exactly a glowing recommendation.

Why are you asking about drugs (specifically for getting high) on a fitness board?
  • fightfqn9
    fightfqn9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I take it sometimes, and my spouse takes it daily or close to it. I hear of people claiming to be addicted to it, but I honestly don't see how. Either these people are easily addicted to just about anything, because they have addictive personalities or they are not taking Kratom leaves, as nature provides it. There are people that take an extract making the plant way more powerful and intense, but I only take the leaves, naturally.

It helps with pain and gives energy, if you take too much you will vomit or feel dizzy. It makes overdosing pretty hard- you would have to TRY to get to that point. I use it because I work way too much and also attend college, it helps me stay alert and work hard. I also take it if my knees are hurting that day. That's about it. It gives you a nice, pleasant euphoric feeling, but nothing that would satisfy a junkie. Weed is stronger in that regard.

As for taking it, you take it orally. It taste like--well, dried up tree leaves, LOL. It taste horrible. I use to buy the ground up leaves, in a powder form and dump it in my coffee or tea, to hide the bitter taste. But now I have a gel cap machine and stuff the plant in there and then swallow the homemade pills/caps. I take only a little bit when I wake up.

I know of several people who take this, no one is addicted. But one guy came as close as possible, he is a opiate pain pill addict, and he loves chasing a high. He takes the enhanced stuff, but claims its no where close to opiate withdrawals or highs. You stop taking it, you notice how much it helped you-- for instance, I am a bit less energetic at work or in class, and my knees will throb with a dull ache. That's about it.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Addictive, no, but your body will build up a tolerance pretty quickly if used too often.