In One Week's Time

Options
In one week's time, I have managed to lose 2.4 pounds and gain it back. I was diligent about tracking every single calorie at the beginning of the week and then slacked off some (I thought that I went over on my calories but not that much over.) I want to lose extra pounds that I don't need but I often get derailed from my goal. The times that I am sticking to my plan I am so pleased with myself. (Basically, my plan is to be around 1450 calories a day.) Anyway, I guess I'm looking for some motivation right now. I appreciate any insight that you have!

Replies

• Chuck_Finley
    Options
    Sounds to me like a basic yo-yo. You obviously had the determination, you might have just overextended yourself. Take your time! It's not like if you lose 10 pounds in the month you're going to die!
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    I can't see your diary. Is it possible you consumed alot of sodium. That is a possibility.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    To gain 2.4 pounds of fat you would have to eat over 7,000 extra calories - you would know if you did that. Anything can affect weight - exercise, sodium, time of the month, etc. Don't concentrate so much on the scale - take measurements, be diligent about counting and you will be fine.
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can't get a proper gage of weight loss/gain from only one week. Like others said, if you don't drink enough water, have too much sodium, have your period, start exercising, etc, can affect your weight easily within the week.

You have to track for several weeks and see the trend from that to determine if there are any problems or not and then adjust.

Just keep at it, track everything you eat, make friends to keep you accountable. You'll get there. :drinker: