What time of day do you weigh? How often do you weigh?

Options
I weigh once a week on Friday's and always in the morning after I've been up for about 30 minutes - 1 hour and haven't eaten or drank anything.

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day first thing in the morning ( after bathroom trip). I try not to get upset about the natural daily fluctuations and like having lots of data points on my graph to see a (hopefully downward) trend.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of weighing in almost every morning (unless I forget - like I did this morning), no clothes, after go to the restroom. :-)

HOWEVER..... I don't let the SCALE RULE! If my weight fluctuates up a pound - I don't ball up in a fetal position, or not eat that day. ...I just let that motivate me to eat healthier and Push my workouts!
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day first thing in the morning ( after bathroom trip). I try not to get upset about the natural daily fluctuations and like having lots of data points on my graph to see a (hopefully downward) trend.

Same. I'm interested in seeing the ups and downs.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Every morning about 645/7 AM.

Post bathroom- Pre coffee I weigh in.

Every morning- every week. Record in excel- get coffee then get ready for work.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Up to three times a day if I'm at home, first thing in a morning, mid-afternoon and just before bed. I'm a beginner at this and still learning and still fascinated by the natural fluctuations in my weight.

I only record my weight once a week.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after a trip to the bathroom and before breakfast/shower time. I weigh once a month, usually a few days after my period.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I have a habit of weighing in almost every morning (unless I forget - like I did this morning), no clothes, after go to the restroom. :-)

HOWEVER..... I don't let the SCALE RULE! If my weight fluctuates up a pound - I don't ball up in a fetal position, or not eat that day. ...I just let that motivate me to eat healthier and Push my workouts!

Curling up in the fetal position is wrong???

I weigh in every morning after the restroom and have finally gotten to a point where I don't let the scale rule. I use it as a tool to help my mindset for the day and just remind me that my health/fitness are my focus/goal for the day. Unfortunately, I'm a creature of habit and if I don't weigh in one morning...I tend to slack off and eat crap. :-(
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday morning after the restroom and before breakfast.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Officially on my MFP record/check in every Tues morning... but I actually weigh every day, after bathroom, while brushing my teeth, before my 32 oz day starter of water or anything else.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

+1
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

yep- data points- data points = better graphs and data to make educated decisions.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom, no clothes. And usually I just weigh whenever I feel like it. Sometimes every day, sometimes every few days. I record every weigh-in on MFP, though.
  • puddy29
    puddy29 Posts: 77
    Options
    i weigh once a week Monday mornings after I use the bathroom
  • MissLizzy1985
    Options
    Every Sunday morning before I go to Yoga class. I had to set an alarm to remember to do it!
  • Tinatot125
    Tinatot125 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Saturday morning after breakfast and after my workout. This is how I did it the first time I weighed in so kept it the same all the way through. I noticed that if I weighed myself before my workout I am actually heavier. Thought that was a bit strange.
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Official weigh in is Monday morning. Get up, use the loo, strip off & step on the scale. Then I usually step on the scale again (same way) on Friday am just as a "check" to see how I'm doing, but I don't log that anywhere.

A few weeks ago, I had to log in for my work insurance plan, & when I weighed in at home, then got dressed in my running gear (flip flops though!) and drove over there, stepped on their scale (funny, they insisted I had to be clothed...hmmmm? lol) it was only half a pound more than mine.
  • s0njas0n
    s0njas0n Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but I only log my weight once a week on Thursday mornings (usually) to see actual losses or gains.
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after the loo and before I have any water...just to be as fresh as possible. I only use it as a guide and don't ever obsess over it...and my weight certainly fluctuates regularly. I log in once a week and no matter what the scale said the day before or after I stay true to what it reads that day. That day serves as my guide for refocusing my goals for the next seven days. I never look at the huge goal of how many pounds I have to lose over all, but give myself a one-pound goal per week. That has kept me on target every week, and sometimes I lose more than that. Hope that helps!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after using the bathroom (and before drinking/eating).

I weigh myself every day but do not plug it into MFP. Only plug it in once a week.