exrecise and protein

Options
hi

i have been struggling with my weight for over a year now and 2 months ago i thought right this is it lets get it done the right way. so i started calorie counting and walked as much as possible until 1month ago i got a crosstrainer/exercise bike. I built the exercise up slowly to 30mins each day and my wieght is finally going in the right direction slowly. But what would be the best protein for after a work out, if i manage my exercise first thing on a morning i usually have eggs however with my little boy now starting nursery it can be anytime of the day that i manage to grab 30mins to myself. I have looked around the internet and came up with whey protein shakes, but is there any other suggestions or anything that anyone finds usful?

(Thank you for taking your time out to read this)

Replies

• suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    You don't have to specifically eat protein right after your workout, just make sure you are eating enough throughout the entire day. Protein is just as important on your rest days.

That being said, hard boiled eggs are good, protein shakes, shredded chicken with cheese in a lettuce wrap/tortilla, greek yogurt (I mix mine with flavored yoplait), cottage cheese...