My NSV for today

Options
I can't run for exercise...the impact is too hard on my knees and ankles...but I bought myself a bike at the beginning of July. I started with just a mile, then 1.5, then 2...and so on. I've been at 3 miles for a few rides now.

Today was the hardest 3 miles I've done yet...the wind was against me during the uphill and it was brutal. I thought for a moment after the 2 mile mark of turning off and heading home...but I decided I WAS NOT A QUITTER. I powered through, all while telling myself, outloud, "YOU ARE NOT A QUITTER, YOU CAN DO THIS". I made it my whole 3 miles in just over 20 minutes. A few weeks ago I would have quit and gone home. A small victory...but a victory nonetheless!

Replies

• Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    That's not a small victory...that's a HUGE victory! I have to encourage myself out loud too sometimes to keep myself going. Or swear profusely at Jillian Michaels! Great job, keep up that momentum!
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Yay! You must be so proud.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job keeping going! I love to ride. I just got a heart rate monitor a couple weeks ago and have been pleasantly surprised by how many calories I burn going up hills.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    nice.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I powered through, all while telling myself, outloud, "YOU ARE NOT A QUITTER, YOU CAN DO THIS". I made it my whole 3 miles in just over 20 minutes. A few weeks ago I would have quit and gone home. A small victory...but a victory nonetheless!

Woo hoo! Yeah! You AREN'T a quitter. You DID it, and you can continue to do it! I don't know you, but I'm very proud of you.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo great victory :)
  • babbyb1
    babbyb1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!