Your weight loss per week?

Options
Hello Everyone! ????

Just a question on weight loss, I was wondering your height and weight, how many calories you eat and how much weight you lose per week? I am scared to jump over 1200 because I don't believe I will lose weight I am only 5,3 and around 59kg now ???? I exercise 4 days a week for 30 mins treadmill mostly, I was wanting to lose 2 pounds a week if possible, I just need some motivation from you lovely people ☺️

Take Care ????

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Prior to hitting maitenance in May I was eating on average 1700 Calories a day and losing on average 1/2lb a week, which includes a gain of 1.5lbs over the holidays while I ate at maitenance and a 4lb gain while in DR at an all inclusive resort.

That includes exercise calories burned, which was Circut training for 70 days, weight lifting 3x a week for 4 months, then weight lifting 3x a week plus HIIT workouts from Jan to May, then I was lifting and walking/biking/HIIT.

2lbs a week is pretty steep...agressive unless you have over 100lbs to lose, which you don't.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Two pounds a week is a lot. Right now, I'm averaging that much on a 1700 calorie a day plan because I have 100ish pounds to lose. It *will* slow down and I'm prepared for that mentally.

I don't think two pounds a week is a good goal for you. I also think you need to eat more than what you're eating if you say you're under 1200.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" weigh 170-ish pounds and I'm not doing any formal exercise right now (sedentary job, on my feet some in the evenings). I'm eating 1700 calories (or a little more some days) and losing one pound a week.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    5'2.5", 41 year old, female. I've averaged 1300 calories more-or-less, going up to 1400 recently, and will continue increasing as I approach maintenance and slow things down. I'm now 133 lbs (target is 120 lbs). I started at 190 lbs. My weekly weight loss rate was 2-2.3 lbs/week for the first 4 months, and then slowed to 1.5-1.8 lbs for the next 4. Now slowed to 1 lb/week.

Looking at it in terms of body weight lost as a % might be a better way of looking at it. My weight loss has been approximately 1.3-1.0% body weight lost per week up until now, although I'll slow this somewhat.

I go for a walk every day for an hour, but don't do much else.

There is only one way to know what your weight loss will be at a higher intake, and that's to have a go for a month and see what happens. I've generally gone up in 50 calorie increments. It's not as daunting and means I stick with focusing on macros and keeping with the habits I've developed.
  • normavalle1
    normavalle1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Need help
    I'm a 5 4'', 50 years, and 200 pounds. my weight increase after a galdbladder removal in april. I exercise 45 to 1 hour every day. I wrtie everything, I'm at 1200 cal. I don't have any health issues, all my exams are OK. HELP I'll been tracking for 15 days on the road, nothing!!!
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    5'3" 30 years old. I have 74 lbs left to go before I reach my initial goal (once there, it becomes more about body composition).

Right now I'm eating between 1600-1700 calories each day and losing anywhere from 1/2 lb to 2 lbs per week (I am set up to lose a pound and a half each week right now). Weight loss isn't linear and I would probably see more consistency if I weighed myself on a different day each week (I weigh on Mondays so if I've splurged on the weekend someplace I tend to have some water retention) but it's still going in the right direction.
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Im doing 1200 a day to lose two pounds per week. Do you guys record when it looks like you have gained a few or only when you have lost? Im not entirely sure why i am fluctuating so much, but not super worried. Just curious about how people keep track.
  • mswoodsy
    mswoodsy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5'7 eat just over 1500 cal (+ 1/2 my exercise) and right now I weigh 132. When i first started (@176) the pounds were FLYING off, 2-3 lbs per week. Which actually had me worried I wasn't doing it correctly since I was only set up for 1lb/w. Didn't want to be one of those people who gained it all back.
    As I get closer to my goal I lose less and less and am losing 1lb/w , consistently for two months now. I also seem to plateau every 5lbs. But I don't fluctuate.

Don't be afraid to eat the calories your body needs. It may happen slower but your body will thank you later with tight skin and a fabulous body that STAYS fabulous even after your diet. MFP is programmed to help you lose weight. Trust what it says, and try not to become obsessed with the scale. Good diet and exercise isn't supposed to make you miserable and stressed. With consistent good decisions from you, MFP and your body should help take care of the rest. Give it time.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree with eating more than 1200 calories a day! Do not be afraid to do it.. I admit when I started MFP I set my goals at 1200 and would be disappointed whenever I went over. I lost a few pounds at first but then the weight loss tapered off. It was until I increased my calories to at least 1500 a day that I started seeing better results with my weight loss. Since February 2014 I have gone back down to my pre-pregnancy weight (over 16 pounds) and even lost 7 pounds more after that.. Don't starve yourself, it will only lead to many binges!

ETA: I gained 60 pounds in my pregnancy.. So a total loss of around 65lbs... My ticker shows way less because it shows my beginning weight as my pre-pregnancy weight (I've been a MFP member for a few years)
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I loose on average a pound a week (4-5lbs a month) eatng an average of 1800 calories a day and moderate exercise.

Edit stats

Age 34
    VW 182
    Height 5'3"
    Lift 3x a week
    Zumba 3x a week
  • PrincessPoquilaPie
    PrincessPoquilaPie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The general recommendation is 1% of your body weight.
    So if you weigh 59kg that would be about 1.3 pounds per week.

I weigh 332 at the moment, so I try to lose around 3-3.5 pounds per week, and usually do. But I am also 6'3", plus the fact that I weigh a lot more than you, so my intakes would be of no use.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! ????

Just a question on weight loss, I was wondering your height and weight, how many calories you eat and how much weight you lose per week? I am scared to jump over 1200 because I don't believe I will lose weight I am only 5,3 and around 59kg now ???? I exercise 4 days a week for 30 mins treadmill mostly, I was wanting to lose 2 pounds a week if possible, I just need some motivation from you lovely people ☺️

Take Care ????

2 lbs/week is very unreasonable given your stats:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Female, 5'4", 166, eating ~1400-1500 cal a day, losing about a lb a week. I only restarted a month ago, but this is much easier to maintain than 1200 (which I did try to do and it wasn't working out- my loss stalled because I was more inclined to seriously cheat at 1200)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I eat 1850 calories/day when averaged over the week and my average loss is about .5 lb/week. It's actually sped up recently, but I'm not sure why. I lost nearly a pound this past week, for instance.

I'm 5'5" 127 lbs, 24 years old. I lift 4x/week and cardio once per week for about 45-60 minutes. I have a desk job, so I'm very lightly active outside of my workouts.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2 (not sure of my exact height, but it is definitely somewhere between 5'1 and 5'3 so I just say 5'2 to be safe)
    Weight: 202 Pounds
    Diet & Exercise: 1200 Calorie Diet if I do not exercise at all. When I exercise, I add those calories burned to what I am allowed to eat. So if I start out with 1200 calories and then exercise and burn 400 calories, then I would be allowed to eat 1600 calories that day if I wanted. How much I exercise varies from day to day.
    Weight Loss: I have been able to lose between 1.5 and 3 pounds a week doing this.

Basically, it is perfectly fine to eat more than 1200 calories a day, especially if you're already exercising anyway.
  • veggieluvr45
    veggieluvr45 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" weigh 170-ish pounds and I'm not doing any formal exercise right now (sedentary job, on my feet some in the evenings). I'm eating 1700 calories (or a little more some days) and losing one pound a week.

I have the same stats as you, but at my job I'm on my feet all day. It has taken me almost 6 weeks to lose 3 lbs. eating 1300-1400 cal. per day.

I guess this shows that it isn't generally a good idea to compare weight loss with others...it can be discouraging.
  • JoanneLynn
    JoanneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    5.1 1/2, I weigh 153 pounds. Eat an average 1200 calories per day, age 56. I lose about 0.8 pounds per week.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Really interesting thread topic, thank you to everyone for sharing.

I'm 5' 6" and started at 11st 11lb and 1200 calories per day. I record cardio calories and eat about 3/4 of them. I have lost about 1.5lb to 2lb every week. This seriously stalled when I started weight-lifting. I stopped weight lifting and returned to a 1.5 - 2lb loss per week.

I am now 9st 9lb and have slowly been upping my calories by 100 increments so that when I hit my target of 9st 5lb I'll be eating at a good estimate for maintenance (1800). So far my weight loss hasn't slowed.
  • asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to eat the calories your body needs. It may happen slower but your body will thank you later with tight skin and a fabulous body that STAYS fabulous even after your diet. MFP is programmed to help you lose weight. Trust what it says, and try not to become obsessed with the scale. Good diet and exercise isn't supposed to make you miserable and stressed. With consistent good decisions from you, MFP and your body should help take care of the rest. Give it time.

^^^What she said. Very nicely put :)
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    .8lbs a week at ~1800cal a day
    haven't done any cardio (to exhausted from lifting mon-wed-fri), very sedentary outside of the gym