Hello Everyone

Options
My Name is Tapreen and I am new to Fitness Pal. I am ready to begin my weight loss journey. I need to learn how to eat healthy.I am a nursing student and I work at night. I usually grab the first thing I see which is usually end up being fast food, candy and a soda :-(. which equals more weight gain. I realy didnt realize how much weight I was putting on because I am always in Scrubs and I wear sweats suits to class. I currently weigh 182 and my goal is to be around 130 by May 2011 (graduation ). Do you think this weight loss goal is unrealistic??? If you have any suggestion I would really appreciate it.:smile:

Replies

• Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    welcome, i'm a nurse too and had the same problem all week i would be in scrubs then on weekends when i tried to put on jeans i was like.. ok who shrunk my jeans lol....but now my scrubs are falling off me yay! you can do it this site is great for motivation and support. =)
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't think that it is UNREALISTIC...You just have to be careful that you do not lose weight in an unhealthy way like starving yourself or anything like that. I have lost about 40 pounds in about 4 months and it has just been through changing the way I live. I rarely eat fast food (when I do I feel "dirty") I cut my carbs (I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes) and I exercise alot more than I used to which was NEVER. So it can be done but you have to make sure to eat enough, just of the right things and get exercise so you do not lose muscle mass. Best of luck
  • sybil1106
    Options
    Hello welcome to MFP. If you actually think about it, your looking at 2.5 lbs a week. Supposedly women need about 1700 calories a day to function depending on the type of life style you have. MFP recommends 1200 calories a day and if you burn 500 calories a day from working out that's 1000 calories a day 7 days a week. So theoretically that's two pounds a week. So it's doable just not so great to think about. I should really stop thinking about losing weight and just change my life style to get it done. Maybe pack your lunch and take healthy snacks with you to help off set the hunger. I'm really sorry not sure if this is what you were looking for.
    Well Goodluck. Whatever you decide I'm sure you get there.
  • jayaib
    Options
    welcome Tapreen...i just started using the community today...and its great...I already feel motivated by reading all the blogs in here and the posts...I think this community is great for motivation and support in the days you feel down and out.
  • Tapreen
    Options
    you are soooo right I want to make changes in my eating habit that I can maintain. I want to learn how make healthy selections. My goal is to make a life style change I want to do this the healthy way..... okay okay okay I cant forget the exercise part :smile: thankyou so much....
  • molina76853
    Options
    Welcome, I too had to change my mindset from loosing weight to a healthy lifestyle change. This mindset has made a difference in my progress, I find myself more motivated and not getting so easily discouraged because I realize that it is a slow process.