Total BS!!!

Options
Argh! Just saw a commercial on Fit TV for some weight loss supp. One of the comments was "You just can't do it on your own!" To that I call Bull *kitten* I've lost 29lbs on my own! So have millions of other people argh!! It's a shame!

Replies

• OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    that is too bad. I hate those stupid things!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I know! I hate crap like this! I saw a story on the news last week about people wanting to change the restrictions for lap band surgeries. They want the BMI restriction lowered to 30. When I started here my BMI was 30! I never thought my situation was desperate enough to warrant surgery. And since I've lost 9.3 pounds in 8 weeks my BMI is now 28.24. And it's not like it was hard for me to lose that weight either. I just had to eat the right amount of food and I started exercising. No big deal. It drives me crazy how people can be so lazy.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Isn't that annoying! Total marketing scheme! They know that there are a lot of people out there who just don't want to hear that they are the reason that they are not seeing results (and also those who just don't want to work hard for it) so they are going to play that card to make money. I teach aerobics and it really irritates me when people come up to me before a class and ask me how many calories that they will burn in that class... and then start listing ALL the supplements/pills/shots/etc that they are taking or have tried.
  • doncheco
    Options
    Typical type of commercials that play on emotion and ones self esteem. Lucky we have a great forum and site here that proves those products wrong.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    That is B.S.! I've lost 60 lbs all from my own hard work. My BMI used to be 35 and now it's 23.2 :)
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately people are always looking for an easy way to do this and there is always someone waiting to try to cash in on this laziness.

It is really hard work to lose weight correctly and people want to lose weight but they don't want to take the time and trouble to do it.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    The industry NEEDS us to believe we can't do it without their miracle product. That is how the monster that is the diet industry stays in business.

Saddest part: Millions of people believe there IS a secret or a trick that they do not know that will lead to permanent weight loss.

Charmagne