Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    How many calories a day are you eating?
  • moxxmh
    moxxmh Posts: 13
    Options
    I've opened my diary, I'm new to this website so I think you might be able to see it. Tell me what you think.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    At the moment I can't get weights. I mean I can't buy them. And like I said I don't have access to the gym. I just got done with college and I'm in a load of debt.

Is there any other option? You all mean to say cardio and crunches etc will have no effect? What about dancing? I do that a lot too. I'm looking for something I can do at home.

Then I would start body weight training until you're able to get to a gym or access to weights. Look into You Are Your Own Gym and/or Convict Conditioning.

Straight cardio will not get you what you're after.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    At the moment I can't get weights. I mean I can't buy them. And like I said I don't have access to the gym. I just got done with college and I'm in a load of debt.

Is there any other option? You all mean to say cardio and crunches etc will have no effect? What about dancing? I do that a lot too. I'm looking for something I can do at home.

First off we need to how much you are eating?

If you are eating less then 1200 calories you need to be eating more, fix this first and than figure out your workout.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I've opened my diary, I'm new to this website so I think you might be able to see it. Tell me what you think.

Checking the last 5 days and well.........there is nothing!!

Read the sexypants thread.
  • moxxmh
    Options

Then I would start body weight training until you're able to get to a gym or access to weights. Look into You Are Your Own Gym and/or Convict Conditioning.

I like the you are your own gym videos. I like that you just use your body and nothing else. But it says to do that three times a week or every other day. What can I do in the other days to still get some exercise in?
  • moxxmh
    Options
    Ah alright, yeah I'm totally confused on this website.
    That was a good read and good advice. Thank you :):)
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

I like the you are your own gym videos. I like that you just use your body and nothing else. But it says to do that three times a week or every other day. What can I do in the other days to still get some exercise in?

You can alternate cardio in on your off days; walking, running, dancing, etc.
  • cptstupendous
    cptstupendous Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are either not eating enough, not resting enough, or some combination of the two. It absolutely should not take 2 months for the soreness to go away.

Moving forward, read everything below as much as you can:

http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/training_guide#wiki_diet_-_weight_loss_or_gain
    http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/faq
    http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

It seems like these kinds of exercises are perfect for you since you are not working with weights.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

You aren't logging and with all that exercise you need to eat more.
  • moxxmh
    Options

If you are eating less then 1200 calories you need to be eating more, fix this first and than figure out your workout.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/moxxmh?date=2014-08-03
    If anyone can see this, this is a typical day.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

You could definitely stand to eat more protein.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

You could definitely stand to eat more protein.

^ Yup, and more cals, eat close to your MFP goal. And with so little to lose don't have a weight loss goal any larger than 0.5 lbs/week. I would suggest upping your protein goal, or use fat and protein as minimums and carbs as a maximum.
  • mistress_kay
    mistress_kay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert by any means, but as someone who ate *way* under my calorie goal for longer than I should have (ugh), I can tell you that the shakyness and whatnot is usually from lack of fuel. Mine usually came with dizziness.

I'm not sure when you're doing your workout, but by looking at your diary link that you posted, it looks like a good chunk of your calories and whatnot is later in the day. If you're doing an early-morning workout, your body might not have the right fuel and whatnot. I always feel better if I get down something (nothing huge) before I workout if I'm doing it first thing in the morning. Something protein tends to really help me like a glass of milk plus protein powder. Possibly try changing around when you're doing your workouts in comparison to food? That'd be my suggestion - because no, the shakyness is definitely not normal.

If doing more experimentation with workout placement/food/etc. doesn't work, though, that's definitely something to see a doctor about.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    lifting weights = solution to wobbly thighs.

lifting weight changes your body composition combined with the right diet.. it's the solution to I'd say easily 95% of dieters body image issues.

Don't NOT lift weights- you'll be sad when you hit you're "target goal"

also eat more- you're not eating enough.
    rest more- 7 days of exercise is unnecessary
    sleep enough- figure out what that is- for me 6-7 usually works- I cant' do 8- but I'm sure I'd be fantastic if I did LOL
  • moxxmh
    Options
    I'll start eating more protein. And I'll try lifting some sort of weights (laundry detergent anyone? heh) I'll see if it helps. Thank you everyone for all your help :)
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Right after exercising, you should eat a ligth snack, with carbs and protein. Like a glass of juice with nuts, or a yogourt, or a glass of chocolate milk. It will make it easier to recover. The next day won't be as hard.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I rest every Sunday. But even that doesn't seem to be helping. After working out I feel sick and shaky and more tired than I've ever felt ever, which is annoying because I really wanna lose weight.

You are totally exhausted. Right now, for one week, rest two days, workout one day. For the remainder of the month, rest every other day. See how you feel after that.

Search for exercises that can be done at home without equipment. You can get a full body workout just using yourself.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Well according to this website I'm under my calorie intake. But I eat plenty of protein, chicken, sweet potatoes, a lot of fruit and veg. I rarely eat bread and sugary food. I have a homemade smoothie or eggs before a workout and wait an hour or two for it to digest. I just don't know if I'm hitting a wall or what. Recently I can't exercise for more than 10 minutes without feeling shaky and faint.

Get yourself checked out by a doctor. It could be a lot of things - electrolyte imbalance, low blood sugar, too few calories, a heart problem.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not eating enough.

I will just leave this here for you to read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

This...

sexypants is worth the read and from what I can see in your diary, you are not tracking! Some people do not need to eat less/ move more.. Some people need to regulate their eating so that they are eating enough on a regular basis. Track your food for a while, at least long enough for you to figure out how you should be fueling your body.

Exercising six days a week is hard... it doesn't allow time to heal and rest and recharge(especially if you're not eating enough) get your numbers and go to maintenance for a week or so "reset" and rest for a week then try again.

Also if you are skinny fat(your words) you would probably benefit more from gaining muscle than losing 15 pounds..
    Skinny fat - more weight= bony..
    skinny fat + muscle = fit

Just my personal opinions. If you feel that your health is at risk you should consult a doctor. *insert full disclaimer*