Interesting Body Fat Percentage Pictures

I came across this site today, and thought I would share. Neat to see in pictures. Helps to see where you are at:

http://www.vitalitypower4u.com/ericfrank/nutrition-and-dieting/body-fat-percentage-pictures-of-men-women/

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Can't believe nobody wants to see these.................???
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    That dude with 4% was little scary looking, thanks for sharing. I bookmarked,it to read later
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    It's been seen and shared numerous times on here before, and threads that have that picture in it often include body shaming. Hence, why no one is probably commenting.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    I enjoyed it. Under 10% for a guy looks gross to me. I would take 15% in a heartbeat.

What is the best way to calculate the BF %?
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    I enjoyed it. Under 10% for a guy looks gross to me. I would take 15% in a heartbeat.

A DEXA Scan is the best way. Those are expensive though. A 7 point skin fold caliper test can usually give you a decent range; those can vary wildly depending on who's taking the reading, however.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    25% body fat on a man is obese now.
  • yopeeps025

A DEXA Scan is the best way. Those are expensive though. A 7 point skin fold caliper test can usually give you a decent range; those can vary wildly depending on who's taking the reading, however.

bod pod
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    It's been seen and shared numerous times on here before, and threads that have that picture in it often include body shaming. Hence, why no one is probably commenting.

It's funny how back when I was growing up "body shaming" was called just being catty. It's also funny how people come up with new "buzzwords" and they take off like wild fire.

So basically no one can say that they like/don't like a certain type of person. If I say they 4% BF guy isn't my thing then I have shamed him. If I say I think the 20% BF guy is more my type I've shamed the others. If I say I don't like the women in the 30+ BF percentage then I am fat shaming.

Seems like no one can voice an opinion of what is attractive to/what they like in a physique without being told they are body or fat shaming.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

Yup and it's started already.
  • arabianhorselover
    I didn't know if it had been posted here already or not, but it helped me to be able to see where I might be at now - and before. I think I will strive for the 25%. I'm not quite there yet.
  • arabianhorselover

How? You can't take anybody's opinion that seriously.
  • bugaboo_sue

By saying "I don't like the guy with 4% BF" you've shamed him. By saying "The guy with 20% BF is more my type" you've shamed the others. By stating that you don't like women in the 30+BF range you've fat shamed those in that category.

Apparently you must love every body type equally.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

By saying "I don't like the guy with 4% BF" you've shamed him. By saying "The guy with 20% BF is more my type" you've shamed the others. By stating that you don't like women in the 30+BF range you've fat shamed those in that category.

Apparently you must love every body type equally.

Actually calling a body type gross is body shaming, even saying it's gross to me...why not say it's not appealing or not my thing...it's funny it's okay to say that's gross but don't you dare say a 300lb woman is gross...all hell breaks loose then.

• gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member

It's funny how back when I was growing up "body shaming" was called just being catty. It's also funny how people come up with new "buzzwords" and they take off like wild fire.

So basically no one can say that they like/don't like a certain type of person. If I say they 4% BF guy isn't my thing then I have shamed him. If I say I think the 20% BF guy is more my type I've shamed the others. If I say I don't like the women in the 30+ BF percentage then I am fat shaming.

Seems like no one can voice an opinion of what is attractive to/what they like in a physique without being told they are body or fat shaming.

That's actually not an accurate description of body shaming.

If you say, "I like men with 20% BF," that's perfectly fine (if oddly specific IMO); it's no different than being into tall dudes or what have you.

If you say, "Women with 30% BF are disgusting and should lose weight or GTFO," that's body shaming. Edited to add, "That guy with 4% BF should eat a sandwich," is also body shaming.

People like what they like -- but no one is beholden to fit into another person's standard of normal/beautiful/ideal/etc.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Actually calling a body type gross is body shaming, even saying it's gross to me...why not say it's not appealing or not my thing...it's funny it's okay to say that's gross but don't you dare say a 300lb woman is gross...all hell breaks loose then.

Stating it in a different way doesn't diminish the fact that you're still shaming.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member

Definitely this. People are entitled to voice their opinion in my view, its not intended to hurt anyone.
  • yopeeps025

Stating it in a different way doesn't diminish the fact that you're still shaming.

So you would marry a guy a foot shorter than you.
  • bugaboo_sue

*rolls eyes* Nit pick much? My point is that any time anyone posts a thread like this and people jump in and state what they like/don't like (regardless of how it is stated) it is considered 'body shaming'.

It used to be called expressing an opinion but at some point when we started to become a nation of softies who cried hurt feelings over every little thing opinions have become something of the past. God forbid I say something that might hurt someones feelings.

ETA: to answer your question no, I wouldn't and yes I just apparently shamed short people.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member

On a side note, I'm six feet tall and I've never in my life dated anyone taller than me. My record is seven inches shorter but my current is four.

Not going to weigh in on the "What is shaming" debate because it goes all crazy so fast.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    The problem with these pics is that you may look completely different than the pics at the same body fat %. It will depend on where you tend to carry fat (Genetics), amount of lean muscle you have (diet and exercise routine).