1200/cals aday for 3 weeks but havent lost a pound

Options
whats wrong

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says 8 lbs lost?

You've also neglected to give stats like current weight, weight to lose, height? Opening your diary would also help others
  • Reprocess
    Reprocess Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Without being able to view your diary its hard to tell.

Are you sure you are adding the correct calories? Do you measure them or goes by best estimate?
    Do you excercise? Do you eat back what you excercise?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    you're either eating more than 1200 calories (logging, but not accurately) or you're overestimating your calorie burn.

it's a math equation, the whole thing. Without us having no more information, we're trying to solve for too many variables.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    you're either eating more than 1200 calories (logging, but not accurately) or you're overestimating your calorie burn.

it's a math equation, the whole thing. Without us having no more information, we're trying to solve for too many variables.

My suggestion: Open your diary and let trogalicious help you :) I have seen plenty of his posts on other forums and this guy knows what he is talking about. He might be too honest for some, but his advice is good :D
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options

My suggestion: Open your diary and let trogalicious help you :) I have seen plenty of his posts on other forums and this guy knows what he is talking about. He might be too honest for some, but his advice is good :D
    QFT

Also check this link out...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Also, if it's only 3 weeks, some people have a delay in seeing results, especially if a new work out regime is in the mix -- usually due to water retention (especially for women). Sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks for those people to see the scale move. Frustrating, yes, but part of the weight loss picture.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Options
    Also, if it's only 3 weeks, some people have a delay in seeing results, especially if a new work out regime is in the mix -- usually due to water retention (especially for women). Sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks for those people to see the scale move. Frustrating, yes, but part of the weight loss picture.

Way to distracted by the PUPPY!!! Adorable :)
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

Well, it's possible that nothing is wrong -- that he/she is doing everything right and the results are just being masked by water retention. It's pretty important to know about that possibility.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Options

Well, it's possible that nothing is wrong -- that he/she is doing everything right and the results are just being masked by water retention. It's pretty important to know about that possibility.

PUPPY!!!
  • btoff52
    btoff52 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ht 5'2" wt 210 how do i open diary
  • btoff52
    Options
    How do I open diary?
  • Go_Deskercise
    Options
    How do I open diary?

My Home > Settings > Diary Settings > *Scroll to the bottom* > Diary Sharing > Public
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Lots of homemade and generic recipes. Did you create these recipes? If not, you don't know if the calorie count of the recipe matches what you ate.

1/2 cup cole slaw for 45 calories? Highly unlikely. Cole slaw is made with mayo, so is bound to be higher calorie than what you're assuming.

Are you using a food scale? Logging everything includes cooking oils, drinks, condiments?
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options

PUPPY!!!

Baby puppy! Wanna grab his big giant paws.
  • btoff52
    Options
    what are you referring to lots of homemade and generic recipes.? im not weighting every thing more measuring with cup or tablespoon or the palm of my hand for meat servings i even count 10 cals for omega 3 flaxseed oil supplement using barcode scanner when ever i can. I do count anything i drink
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Buy a $10 digital food scale from Walmart. Use it for all solids and only use measuring cups for liquids. Never trust the palm of your hand.
  • btoff52
    Options
    if my resting metabolic rate is 1500 cals and ive been eating around 1200 to 1400 lets say for possible inaccurate measuring .im still eat less than my body is burning if i stayed in bed all day .
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    if my resting metabolic rate is 1500 cals and ive been eating around 1200 to 1400 lets say for possible inaccurate measuring .im still eat less than my body is burning if i stayed in bed all day .

Could that possibly be the problem?.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    stuff like resting metabolic rate are only approximations, and can be off by a bit. i was 25% higher than average body fat, so all the online calculators were wrong about everything for me.

cole slaw and potato salad are usually about 257 to 300 calories per cup, yet you have half a cup of cole slaw down as 45 calories. i also see Chicken Brest Grilled as 110 calories, but did you make it yourself? if it was store bought, chances are there's a good amount of oil on it, raising the calories. you have Beef - Tenderloin Steak, 0.75 oz, which means you had basically just over 1 tablespoon of steak. if you had more, it's improperly logged.

i suspect part of the problem is you're grabbing listings from the MFP database that are incorrect. anyone can add a food to the database, like cole slaw, but often i find listings that are incorrect. it's very important to get one that IS correct - some people will make homemade slaw using a diet dressing, list it as cole slaw - 45 calories - but that's only true for their particular homemade cole slaw.