I learned something new

Options
I noticed if you set a 2 pound a week weight loss goal, but you only eat right, you only lose a pound. A pound is a pound and I'm happy with this. I guess it's good for future reference. So everybody on here, make sure you burn you weekly calorie goal and stay within your caloric intake. Because of school and finals, I'm slacking in the workout department. Try to not do the same as me.

Replies

• patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    A pound is a pound but exercise DOES make the difference...KEEP IT UP
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    In order to lose 2lbs a wk steadily, would would need to exercise and not eat those cals back. You need to burn 7000 calories more than you eat over the course of the week which is 1000/day. 1200 is a low as MFP will let you go for safety reasons, so you need to burn at least 2200 each day at that level (2200-What you typically burn in a day= how many cals you have to burn exercising).

That being said- my settings are at 1 lbs a week, and tho I exercise I eat most of my exercise cals back (100 +/- my goal for the day), and have been losing an average of 1.5 for the last 3 months.
  • lindseyiscool
    Options
    1lbs a week is great. slow and steady is what you should aim for. you dont want to lose too much too fast. working out is a big factor like other posters have said. you would also have to not eat back the calories you burned off if you are shooting for a 2lb pre week goal. but just remember that your body needs a certain number of calories to function properly so try not to go under that number cuz if you do your body might go into starvation mode and that will eat away at your muscle and thats not good.