P90X help

barbosa22
barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
What would u classify the workouts under for the exercise data base? I don't have a HRM so this is the only way I can subtract calories burned for workouts

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    I would go with circuit training
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    I'm pretty sure they have an option of "p90x, average day". I've also used calisthenics or circuit training.
  • Many of us that have done the program have added them manually. As for not having a HRM, I would highly recommend one, but in the mean time you might want do try to find someone your build to get an estimated calorie burn. I have read many post and 500-600 seem to be the average for the workouts.

Hope this helps.
  • I haven't ever used a HRM during P90X, and have completed two rounds with great results.

HOWEVER I would get one if you can. And I plan on doing during my 3rd round. Just because I am curious as to how much I burn.
  • Depends on the exercise:

Arms and Shoulder, Legs and Back: Strength Training
    Ab Ripper X: Calisthentics
    Kenpo: kick boxing
    Plyometrics: Circuit Training
    Core: Aerobics (low impact)
    Yoga under Yoga

... Getting a HRM soon!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    I logged them based on the type of activity they were. The weighted workouts I would log as Strength Training, the Kenpo X as Martial Arts, Plyo X as High Impact Aerobics, Ab Ripper as Calisthenics, etc.
  • This is something I got off of another thread because I don't have a HRM either. I use this Website http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

You type in your weight and the number of minutes. I enter my minutes under "weight lifting vigorous" for weight days. For plyo and KenPo I enter high impact aerobics. For yoga there's a vinyasa yoga option but I enter less calories than waht it says because I don't want to overestimate. I can't wait until I get my HRM so I can see exactly what i'm doing!
  • oh...and this might be helpful. When I enter the number of calories into mfp I always do it under cardio because the strength training section won't allow you to enter a calorie amount. So I just make up my own cardio and enter the calories burned I got from the Web site
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    you can also look up a similar exercise to estimate your burn then enter the P90X exercise in your own exercises by name. I got my burn counts from my HRM, but if I did not have one, I probably would not have entered it in as the other exercise, just used it to get the base amt and create my own entry so I can enter it by name later and not try to remember which entry i use for which program.
This discussion has been closed.