Hi... NEWBIE!!

Options
New to the sight! This is my first day on myfitnesspal im excited and hope that I can get encouragement from members so that I may become a success as well. I’m 21 years old and very overweight for my height and well in general. I’m 5ft .8 inches yes.... .8 lol they wouldn’t give me the whole inch. Anyways I weigh a whopping 163.8 I should be between 97-132 according to the bmi charts or at least that’s what ive been seeing. I feel horrible with myself I can remember weighing 120 and thinking how hideous and fat I was then now look at me instead of focusing on keeping my weight at 120 ive reached this absolute miserable state. I want to feel good about myself and look great and get complemented on im hoping that this will be a new beginning for me and hope that I can actually stick to it this time. In the past ive gone on sooo many different diets including counting my calories which just so happens to be the easiest route for me but still find myself right back to where I began. I really need to break this cycle and am looking for all the help, encouragement and motivation that I can get. Looking forward to a new start! :)

Replies

• Tatortotpie
    Options
    Dont put yourself down like that, im sure if you keep up with youre diet and your exercizing you will lose the weight you want too! keep up the good work and let me know how everything goes for you.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hi! I'm not much taller than you. 5'2.5" and at my heaviest I was around 200lbs (198 to be exact). It took me a year, but I'm down to around 145lbs. I still have 20lbs to go to reach my goal and be in the healthy BMI range, myself. But just wanted to let you know...it's doable!!! It'll take time and alot of hard work, but you can do it!!!! You just need to be determined and committed. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm willing to encourage when you need it. So will everyone on this site. We're all here for the same reason. To get healthy!
  • annekebraithwaite
    Options
    Diets are always frustrating at first but once you get into a routine and you start to see results it can be so much fun! One thing that will help you lose weight is to always be full. Don't let yourself get hungry. Pair EVERY meal with plenty of fruits and vegetables. The MORE nutrient dense foods you eat (i.e. beans, fruits, veggies...) the LESS likely you are to fall back on bad eating habits. Also, not only is it important to stay super hydrated for your health, but it also curbs your hungry to always have water on hand. I like using crystal light so that I don't get bored. There are sooo many flavors to choose from. The best advice I can give though is to surround yourself with people that will help you with your weight loss. Don't let people bring your down and hinder you from reaching your goal. I'm 20 and sometimes its hard for me to hold back when I'm with friends who are drinking and eating unhealthy. For that reason, I always make sure to carry a baggie of apples or grapes or energy bar in my purse when I go out! Good luck!!
  • annekebraithwaite
    Options
    wow!! good job!
  • claws_11
    Options
    Hi!! I am new to this site too and I love it!!! You hang in there I know you can do this. Welcome!!!
  • Blueeyes1117
    Blueeyes1117 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you. I definitely feel like i have something to look forward to now. :) Feels good to hear everyone say that it can be done. Im definitely going to push myself to get it off and keep it off!! Thanks all of you!