What Gifts would you like to recieve to help with WL?

Options
What would you like to be given as a gift this year that would help in this weight loss journey? Have you asked your partner or your family for anything in particular you think might help with this journey?

Also, whats the best thing you have ever received that has helped you be healthier or fitter or lose weight in the past?

My partner keeps asking me what I want, and I dont want to ask for anything very expensive as its been a tough year, I was thinking a nice wide 'panini' type grill that can grill lots of vegetables at one time might be a good idea. My favorite kitchen utensil is a Foreman Grill - easily cooks eggplant zucchini mushrooms etc to perfection but its small and falling apart. My family would probably think I'm insane to ask for kitchen equipment right? LOL.
I'd love to hear whats on your wishlists!

Replies

• sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I love my Foreman grill! If it's a meat...I grill it!! I'm thinking I'd really like an air popcorn maker. I LOVE popcorn and figure that's a healthier way to prepare it. :)
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Any new golf trinkets so when we finally thaw out here in Minnesota I can get out there and get my walking and outdoor time in
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    A HRM -- that's what I would like to get.
  • kacyc1117
    Options
    My birthday is tomorrow, and ive askeda lot of people in my family to just chip in and buy me a present. My dad is sending me birthday and christmas money to spend on a treadmill. Granted it'll probably cost a lot more than what he's sending- it'll be a nice start. Then i'm moving on to an eliptical, weights, HRM.. i want it all :)
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    A digital kitchen scale, a heart rate monitor, and gift certificates for new clothes!:bigsmile:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I asked for the Jillian Michaels Ifit cards programs 1-3 for my Ellipitical !!!! I think asking for a grill is a great idea since the whole family can get use out of it.. Plus i love my Foreman grill and I want to up grade to the bigger size also!
  • happy115
    Options
    I've been asking my husband for a heart rate monitor.

Or a nice blender so I can make more smoothies!
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ive asked my hubby for a gym membership and hip hop abs dvd :)
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    a blender, that will actually blend the fruit and ice for my smoothies. I have all the other gadgets and love getting them over the years. Some i've sold, some I still have from 15 years ago.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    i've asked for a heart rate monitor/pedometer/calorie counter for my bday/xmas. pretty sure i'm gonna get it too since i havent asked for much other than that and a teapot and tea kettle.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I would love a Bodymedia Fit with a year subscription but would never ask for one ($$$)
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'd really love a TreadClimber, but more realistically a new foreman grill would be great, or the Wii fit!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    i asked for new sneakers!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Favorite thing for helping loose weight is my Salter Dietary Nutritional Scale. It costs under $25 and can handle weight up to about 6.5 pounds. Comes with a book with food "codes." Weighs in grams, kilograms, ounces and pounds/ounces. Weigh your food, press in the code number and then press calories, sodium, protein, fat, carbohydrates, cholesterol and fiber in turn for the values of each.

I like that I can put a dish on the scale and zero it out then add my food to the dish. By writing down and zero-ing out between each addition, I get a running total of the values in the foods I'm making.

I'm on my second scale. I dropped the first one and it was way past time to get a new one anyway.
  • Jenn421
    Options
    for smoothys i think the best thing is the magic bullet. less clean up i love mine
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Healthy, low calorie Cookbooks, such as Hungry Girl, Jillian Michaels Master Your Metobolism, Biggest Loser, and Flat Belly Diet cookbooks
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,279 Member
    Options
    My son want us to go in for one family gift - some type of cardio exercise machine (elliptical)so we can exercise when our schedules and the weather make it harder to get to the gym. He's in law school, I am in school while I try to find a job and our daughter is in high school. Don't know how my husband and daughter feel about it though!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've got about everything I need, but I would like a rack for weight plates.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I got my digital food scale a couple of years ago for Christmas...... got a gym membership and gym shoes for Christmas last year.....got my heart rate monitor and workout shorts for my birthday this year.... I'd like some new running shoes this year for Christmas & could use some new workout shorts since I need a smaller size now! :bigsmile:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    gift certificates for new clothes all the way!!!