What is your favorite kind of chocolate?

Options
I love, love, love dark chocolate and can even tolerate the 90% cocoa. I usually eat Ghiradelli squares because they are really good and perfectly portioned but want to try something new.

Anyone have any recommendations for some good chocolate that isn't your typical M&M's, Dove, Hershey's, etc..?

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Lindt excellence dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt.
  • mcaila
    mcaila Posts: 33
    Options
    I love the Lindt chili dark chocolate - delicious dark chocolate with a nice kick of chili at the end. Yum!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    No help here. I too eat the Ghirardelli squares, the 72% dark in my case! :drinker:
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I've seen some dark chocolate in the stores with things mixed in that I want to try eventually. Trying to recall, I know one had orange mixed in, one had coconut, and one had chili. Want to try the chili one, weird combo.

You're a trooper OP, I bought the 90% chocolate last week and couldn't stomach it, too bitter for me.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Brookside dark chocolate acai and blueberry flavors. 16 pieces approximate serving is just enough chocolate and good for you. :wink:
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Any chocolate not tarnished with the blood and sweat of child slavery...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate!! :love:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Whichever type I'm eating.
  • g1ngermark
    g1ngermark Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    New Zealand's Whiittakers make excellent chocolate. They have a great range. Personal favourite is the White Chocolate with Macadamia Nuts, but they also do some interesting dark and milk varieties.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Dreaming of caramel salt chocolate...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Within arm's reach.

the trader joe's stone ground chocolate was different. I enjoy the sampler packs flavored with hot pepper, cumin, and other spices. If you can't find those samplers, take a Hersey's kiss, lick the bottom, and press it into some cumin powder.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Whichever type I'm eating.
  • hharp626
    hharp626 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bark Thins- Dark Chocolate Almond with Sea Salt from Costco.
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you can get it in the US, but Green & Blacks Dark Chocolate varieties are great.
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate mint
  • ByronJP
    ByronJP Posts: 67
    Options
    I love the high percent dark chocolate. .. but I'm also guilty of loving milk chocolate a lot lol.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    milka chocolate truffle... (although the ones i get in the states dont seem as good as what i got overseas)

ritter white chocolate cranberry

i dont get a lot of chocolate though... more of a fruity candy kinda chick.

if you like dark chocolate consider making a dark chocolate sorbet. low fat, low cal, super rich, and cold....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lindt and Godiva. Trader Joe's has 100 calorie bars that are delicious as well.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I do love a Cadburys Fruit & Nut bar cold from the fridge

Ferrero Rocher

Twix
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Aero bars used to be my favourite. Now all I eat is the 90% cocoa Lindt bars, so good and now I'm used to dark chocolate.

I'm also a huge lover of mint chocolate.