This Girl Is On Fire

Options
That is my motto for today!!!!

I woke up so nervous for the Official weigh in tomorrow. Even though I have cheated and peeked a couple of times this month, my mind starts to wonder and think that maybe I have put on 5 pounds over the weekend, or my eyes were playing a trick on me. Normally I would let this get the best of me. I would get down and not even weigh in……THAT IS NOT AN OPTION THIS TIME!!! So instead of worrying about it all, I am going to embrace the fact that I have done a GREAT job this first month. In the last 31 days (July 13 to Aug 12) I have worked out 26 days. I have stayed under my caloric goal of 1740 calories 29 days of that. I went on 2 hikes that I wasn’t familiar with. I took 13 fitness classes at my gym with people I know and don’t know. I stood naked in front of someone and got a spray tan! I had birthday parties, girls nights, happy hour, work celebrations, camping trips and ‘that time of the month’ and held firm in my resolve to CHANGE MY LIFE. I avoided the doughnuts, cupcakes, cakes and ROCKY ROAD! I have tried new salad dressings and been creative with meal planning. I have tried my best to not feel overwhelmingly limited in what I can eat. Even if that scale didn’t change one number, the changes I have made this month are AWESOME!!!! I know that they have changed, but sitting back and looking at all that I can really say that I am proud of myself without seeing a new measurement or weight.

I have hit a place size wise that I can start venturing into the closet just a bit and ‘see’ if things are fitting differently/better. Today was a good one. I bought a skirt over a year and half ago on a clearance rack. It was adorable, but a wee bit too tight. I figured ‘why not’ and thought that it would be motivating for me to lose another 5 pounds. Soon after that I found out I was pregnant and well….NOTHING fit anymore. It was November when I had my baby, and even though I was my lightest just after having her….I didn’t dig to the ‘summer’ stuff in the closet. I got a spray tan over the weekend (because everyone looks skinnier tan) and wanted to show off my generally pasty white legs in a skirt/dress while I still have the perfection color of golden brown. I saw the skirt and debated trying it on. I couldn’t even remember what size it was, but that I had never worn it. I threw on some spanx, (because they make everything better too) reached for the zipper and too my surprise up it went. HOORAY! It is bright and beautiful with a floral print. I complimented with a bright tank top and my most flattering black blazer (another slimming piece). I looked in the mirror and had an honest feeling of accomplishment. I loved what I was looking at in the mirror!! That doesn’t happen very often, and particularly in the last 6 months or so.

I curled my hair and styled it just slightly, threw on some cute makeup and was ready to face the world. My daughter who has been sick for several days was all smiles and feeling better too….I could tell that today was going to be a good day. I must have been exuding the confidence I was feeling in my bedroom, because I have received a ton of compliments today! Everyone loves the skirt and tan. Many people asked today how much I have lost because I am looking good. One thing I have learned thru the years of dressing my frame is to wear form-fitting clothes….nothing crazy tight, but when you wear a mumu, you look 20 pounds heavier. There is no shape. Hiding the biggest part of you, makes all of you that size. It’s comfortable and I rock a lot of dresses that I am sure make me look pregnant, or a loose hoody that is not flattering in the slightest. The pencil skirt with form-fitting tank and open jacket accentuates some of the positives of this journey so far. I wish that I had taken a measurement of my waist just below my bust. That always seems to be a place that I lose weight first. It makes a drastic difference in my appearance too. That specific area is highlighted in this ensemble and I am LOVIN the feedback. My guy even commented about how ‘hot’ I looked in a picture. My daughter and I send him a morning selfie when he is away. I immediately made a crack about how a tan makes everyone look good, but he in fine form came back with sweet talk about my eyes and smile (boy knows how to charm me).

Not a bad day before a weigh in. I am ready to accept what I have done the last month and ready for the next month of challenges. I am not naive to the fact that I have been 1,2, even 5 months in before on a weight loss journey and back tract for whatever reason. Each day I am getting a better grasp of what the reality of this looks like, and that I will be working at this my entire life. Of course, it will eventually get a little easier. I one day will not completely blow my calories for a day on MacDonald’s because I was bored (that is what I did on Saturday….bad me). I will by nature always gravitate towards the better foods and not drool over garlic knots and tater tots while I eat a salad (which was pretty yummy). Each day that I am dedicated to this new lifestyle, I will get better. I am ready to be MY BEST!!!!

So, as I strip down to do the weight in tomorrow and break out the measuring tape and camera….I will remember, no matter the outcome, I KILLED IT THIS MONTH!!!

www.rejenuvate.com

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Yay You!!!!! This sounds fantastic! Hope your weigh in today was as successful as you hoped and that, if for some stray reason it did not meet your expectations you are still holding your head high and being proud of all the wonderful accomplishments you had this month!
    Don't fret those Mc Donalds visits, garlic knots, and tater tots, when they happen (and it's okay when they do) you may find an amazing thing will happen: they will become fewer and far between and the times they do happen, it won't take the mother lode to make you happy and what choices you make may change. I used to love Mc Donalds, last time I went there was because I was running late to the gym and had forgotten my protein shake at the office, normally it would be a swing through for a burger of some sort or another, fries while I'm at it, but instead, got a yogurt parfait off the $1 menu (tells you how long ago that was) and went on my merry way. The first time you realize that your actions have changed is a fascintaing experience: the lightbulb in your brain didn't just go off, it exploded like fireworks.
    Best of luck!