I'm New - Unemployed Mom from MD

Options
My girlfriend has encouraged me to join this site, so I did. I'm new and I'm hoping to get my fitness goals back on track. After becoming unemployed in May of this year, I've had nothing but bad luck with my fitness and health goals. I suffered from a re-sprain of my right ankle shortly after being unemployed. Then when I could go back to fitness I suffered from runner's knee in both knees and a stress fracture of my right tibia. I'm hoping to now get back on track and lose all the pounds I've put on and lose that "baby fat" from having my son 9 years ago lol. :smile:

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    This a great opportunity to focus on you. My husband was out of work for several months this year. During that time he worked out every morning at 5am with me. Some days he did double workouts. If you're recovering from runners injury i suggest doing a lot of cross training. Good luck with the job search and welcome to the site.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Welcome. It's really hard to start thinking about your health when you've got stress going on, so it's really important that you try to prioritize some time for you to do healthy things that will make you feel better. I don't know if you like swimming, but I find that when my heel spurs or my knee start acting up, swimming is a good way to supplement exercise. This site is really good for the support, as well as the weight loss tools it provides. Good luck to you and welcome aboard!
  • monstertwelve
    Options
    hey!
    I'm from silver spring and live in beltsville now!!!
    YAY MARYLAND!!!!!! :happy:

welcome to mfp!

good luck with everything!!!!!
  • sandycreswell
    Options
    Thank you very much! I'm finishing with PT and slowly working back into things with some yoga and pilates right now. I hope to move up in no time at all. Thanks for the well wishes on the job search. It's tough but I'm hoping I will find the right opportunity soon.