anybody start at 220 ?

Options

Replies

• ClairePear14
    Options
    I started 224lbs and I now weigh 164lbs.

I've lost 60 lbs over a course of 3 years.

I do have a bit of an issue with loose skin but that is because my weight yo-yoed quite a bit.
  • menojy
    menojy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Started a bit lower .. at 216

62512_1571389535503_5050729_n_zps79016427.jpg
    IMG_14992_zps5e770ccf.jpg

32 lbs lost ..

1004806_10201367160735036_353984733_n_zps9f96aa2a.jpg

8572b972cbd92759f26e77e89cdb6f7d5ab9_zps77e23555.jpg

just a couple of days ago

IMG_2650_zps80b66892.jpg

Been on MPF since January 2013 .. taking it slow
    I have had my weight on for as long as I remember, give or take 10 lbs, went on a diet 9 years ago for 3 months lost about 30 pounds, gained it all back and more in 5 years, stayed with 216 for a year and a half then here I am ..
    I haven't had any skin problems yet, but I am trying to accept the fact that if it happens it happens, I feel that my breasts are getting saggier though but I am not quite sure if it's true :laugh:

I didn't start proper strength training until 4 weeks ago, may be if I were earlier I could have seen better results, don't know !
    My legs and tummy are getting more jiggly, the fat under my skin is softer than before which is supposed to be good but I don't like it, I've seen people shrink back with very little loose skin so waiting to lose enough to see some better results than jiggling .

Don't worry about skin now, you have some time and lbs to lose before it feels uncomfortable and if it does you will have the ability to decide what to do about it by then .. as for me I decided that I want to see what's going to happen, if I don't like I'd always have the option to gain some weight back, but honestly now with all the jiggling that I don't like I don't want to go back and I think by the time I reach my goal I won't care for loose skin or stretch marks .. it's just so good to feel healthy
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    <~~~~ In the left picture I was pushing 240 pounds. I was overweight for years, but I wasn't always 240. (I started gaining weight in 3rd grade (around 8 years old) and didn't start losing weight until I was 15-16 years old. I was 240 for the last 2 years or so before I started losing.) I've been in maintenance for about 6 years, and reacently started bulk/cut cycles in the past year. I'm no where near where I want to be, but I'm happy with where I'm at now. (I've only been lifting consistently now for right about a year.)
  • 949BeachMom
    Options
    Started a bit lower .. at 216

62512_1571389535503_5050729_n_zps79016427.jpg
    IMG_14992_zps5e770ccf.jpg

32 lbs lost ..

1004806_10201367160735036_353984733_n_zps9f96aa2a.jpg

8572b972cbd92759f26e77e89cdb6f7d5ab9_zps77e23555.jpg

just a couple of days ago

IMG_2650_zps80b66892.jpg

Been on MPF since January 2013 .. taking it slow
    I have had my weight on for as long as I remember, give or take 10 lbs, went on a diet 9 years ago for 3 months lost about 30 pounds, gained it all back and more in 5 years, stayed with 216 for a year and a half then here I am ..
    I haven't had any skin problems yet, but I am trying to accept the fact that if it happens it happens, I feel that my breasts are getting saggier though but I am not quite sure if it's true :laugh:

I didn't start proper strength training until 4 weeks ago, may be if I were earlier I could have seen better results, don't know !
    My legs and tummy are getting more jiggly, the fat under my skin is softer than before which is supposed to be good but I don't like it, I've seen people shrink back with very little loose skin so waiting to lose enough to see some better results than jiggling .

Don't worry about skin now, you have some time and lbs to lose before it feels uncomfortable and if it does you will have the ability to decide what to do about it by then .. as for me I decided that I want to see what's going to happen, if I don't like I'd always have the option to gain some weight back, but honestly now with all the jiggling that I don't like I don't want to go back and I think by the time I reach my goal I won't care for loose skin or stretch marks .. it's just so good to feel healthy

I read that strength training is important so I am going to start . Ive been doing pool excersises so now I think ill start to use my husbands weights. February will be 2 years ive had the weight on and its too long it needs to come off.
  • stephanierrodriguez50
    Options
    wow! Awesome transformation! I have a lot to look forward to!!!
  • janeengrimshaw
    Options
    I started at 220 just 18 days ago. I weighed in today at 217.4, a little success & 1 inch off my hips. Looking at the photos here & reading everyone's comments really encourages me! I've been overweight most of my life & on medication that causes weight gain. I'm 54, and in the past 3 years have gained 25 pounds. I had a heart health scare last month, so I really am motivated for my health!
  • ShaGetFit23
    ShaGetFit23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    <
    Check out my display the left pic I was 221 right I was 165.I started at 221 end of Jan/beg of Feb of this year. Now 8months later I'm 163 as of last week probably less will weigh in on Wed. Im almost embarrassed of that pic but I'm a forever keep it to motivate myself. I have changed how I eat but still eat food that I love like ice cream pizza spaghetti. Befoe when I would diet I completely cut stuff out and then binge eat smh. I don't always track my calories either it works for me slow and steady. One thing I love to do is run about 2x a week and alternate the gym and 30day shred DVD. Oh and I'm 5'3 3/4 tall 26yrs old if that helps my goal is 125 hopefully by end of year.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I was even higher than that (shhh don't tell anyone)
  • cstroh13
    cstroh13 Posts: 24
    Options
    I would like to see some before and after pictures of people who started at 220 . Also was there a difference in skin ? Please tell me how long the weight was on for . I need some motivation.

Thank you for creating this post! After having my son (only son) I was 220 lbs. I managed to lose 10 more pounds, but so far that is it and he is 16 months already. The fact that most people are around 220 and have been able to get down to their goal weight is inspirational! It definitely gives me courage and motivation to continue to eat healthy and to start exercising. Hopefully in the future I will be able to post my before and after pictures too! BTW thanks for those as well everyone!! to see your beginnings and THEN your end results is what really helps. I can picture myself losing the inches and that is where it all starts...with an idea!
  • my2kin04
    my2kin04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
  • my2kin04
    my2kin04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    sorry, i cannot get these photos to work on here, its too bad they (MFP) cannot come up with an easier way
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I started even higher, 275ish, and am down to 154ish these days. I'm still not "done" and am strength training and eating at a small deficit to hopefully shed the last 10lbs slowly and wisely. It can totally be done!! Yes, there is loose skin, but truthfully there is still fat under that skin. I'm not lean enough to know what will be real skin vs fat too. It's been 10 years that I've been down 100lb, and I've lost the last 25-30 in the past 2 years. Don't worry about the skin, just focus on your plan, do it one day at a time and you will get there!!

I am awful at posting pics, but my avi is a decent before/after.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I did! Ive got about 15 left to go, yay
    story_zpsf87f9c1d.jpg

Way to go :D
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My highest was around 260lbs and I'm 5'4.5".
    Dec 25, 2011:
    fnv3g5.jpg

Last years progress:
    2ege1yh.jpg
    34rdn5e.jpg

This year:
    8vnkeq.jpgmwfpkm.jpg2ed154p.jpg
    40 weeks pregnant/May 23 - 210lbs
    June 13 - 194.3lbs
    Aug 26 - 181.6lbs

I still have a long way to go.
  • bradp1979
    bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was about 225 a few years before finding MFP, and I gradually got up to that weight over a few years (thanks Jack-in-the-Box) and stayed there for a few more. Today, I hang between 190-195, with a goal of 180-ish.

Exactly this. This is my exact same story, from the start to the goal.

25519766.png
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I started at 239 and I'm 196 as of today. I'm not sure how to post pics but I just updated my profile picture and it shows my before and now. I still have a long way to go, but I'm OK with that. I'm taking my time because I am not on a diet, I'm doing a lifestyle change because I want to be healthy. My slimmer body is just an added perk:happy:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 back in July 2011, when my 2nd baby was 8 weeks old. I got down to 154. In this picture, I'm probably in the 160s in the photo on the right. The left is around 220.

Maya_and_I_2011_2013.jpg
    pic host

This is when I got down to 154:

SAM_3249.jpg
    image sharing

And then this happened......

image.jpg
    picture uploading

And I'm now about 25-30lbs up, 16 weeks post partum!
  • dani85pex
    Options
    Love love love all the inspiration here! Funny thing about the ladies who lost the weight then here comes baby, that happened to me with my latest and third....after my second I just worked out and then happy love joy:smile: ...but this time the wight STAYED, oh all be it, I've helped, but now it's time to get this started. So thank you to have had success, and those of us that are in it, let's get er done!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Love love love all the inspiration here! Funny thing about the ladies who lost the weight then here comes baby, that happened to me with my latest and third....after my second I just worked out and then happy love joy:smile: ...but this time the wight STAYED, oh all be it, I've helped, but now it's time to get this started. So thank you to have had success, and those of us that are in it, let's get er done!

I hoped I could gain minimal weight while pregnant with no.3....I logged, I never ate above maintenance except on a handful of occasions, I exercised until 38 weeks pregnant.....yet here I find myself with weight to lose. Sigh. My little girl will be 4 months on Sept 1st. I'm still smaller than I was at this point after my first two children (now age 5 and 3).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!