Nighttime Snackers?

Options
I am a huge nighttime eater. It seems as if I can't even fall asleep without eating a little something before bed. I can go all day with healthy eating habits, but it seems like all bets are off at night and I go crazy. Any advice?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Plan those snacks into your calories and make heathier choices
  • deannarey13
    Options
    I do the same thing. I am horrible with the choices that I make at that time too. I am slowly improving. My latest nighttime favorite is to eat a banana with peanut butter (PB2 actually). Low calorie and nutritious.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    check out the air popped popcorn link :)

Maybe if you had some healthy snacks all planned out you'd know what you were getting into calorie wise and have some options...

I have my days where my night time eating gets out of hand and if I have some healthy choices about (string cheese, popcorn, pretzles, and other stuff like that) I can keep the calories in check while munching out. :)
  • juday3
    juday3 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. When I feel like eating late at night I do a 20 min workout(workout DVD). A short workout seems to stabilize my snack cravings before bedtime.
  • Manda1987
    Options
    I'm a big fan of broccoli. I buy huge bags of fresh, pre-cut, pre-washed broc from Costco, and eat it with a spoonful of chip dip. Very low-cal, and even more satisfying than sitting with a bag of chips :D

Also, tea is my best friend. A cup of yummy smelling herbal tea chases most of my cravings away.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Orvillle Rendenbaucher's Smart Pop keeps me sane.
  • donella73
    Options
    After dinner, if I feel like eating something else later, I go and brush my teeth instead and use extra toothpaste. I hate the taste of food after toothpaste, so this turns me off wanting anything else.